Thursday, September 24, 2009

NO!

I was already having a bad day; then I went into my room and found this...
Photobucket
I wasn't sure what reaction I should have. I couldn't stop laughing, but inside I was furious. How do you punish a toddler when you are laughing? Everything we laugh about, he thinks is hilarious too, therefore, he thought this was pretty funny. I am big on showing my kids (even toddlers) consequences, so I had to do something to show him that "this is not okay. "

So first I made him pose with his art work. He hates getting his picture taken and he hates standing in one place, so it was sufficient to make him regret his actions. Photobucket

Then we made him clean it up. As you can see here, he {HATED} it. And by hate, I mean, thought it was the coolest thing he had done all day.Photobucket

Photobucket
At least I know he will enjoy helping me clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh this post made me laugh. A child who doesn't like their picture being taken?! Who'da thunk it...

BECKY said...

Best post ever. Glad to hear you were able to laff about it! I love the picture of him with his artwork. :)

Kirsten said...

Love it!!! Sorry it always seems to come on the days when you are already close to the breaking point. How could you get grumpy face? : )

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I'm waiting for that day still...and we don't have washable paint...so I keep Sam away from that stuff. By the way...if you haven't discovered Magic Erasers yet...and ever have a repeat artwork on the wall that gives you trouble...it takes off all sorts of things...even permanent marker. It's one of the few products I think works extremely well. :)