Saturday, September 12, 2009

Camping trip - part one.

We went camping a few weekends ago with Sam and Josh. It is trips like this that make me wonder why we don't go camping more often. We love it, it is on my LONG list of things to do to go camping more often.

It is also my goal to take better pictures of the camping experience. I didnt really capture it, I will next time, I promise. But for now our crawdading experience will have to do. Jared and Josh went crawdading on the beautiful river by our site. They even ate tham (YUCK.) It was really fun.

Photobucket
My handsome hubby getting ready for the catch.

Photobucket
This was one of the little guys. Actually he was huge. I found him I was so impressed. The boys were down river a little ways and couldnt hear me, so I just stood here and stared at this little guy till they got back. I watched him for like 15 minutes and he didnt move. Of course right after they saw him he moved.


Photobucket
This is the boys trying get the above crawdad. Josh looks tough and strong, but that rock was not going anywhere. I am assuming it has been there for a very long time.


Photobucket
{YUCK.} But Kroten loved it.


Photobucket
Sam and I thought it was a smart idea to wear flip-flops (as always) for this adventure. I must be getting old, because it just isnt as easy to hike around in them anymore, especially in the water.

Photobucket
Sam Josh and Issac (their nephew) in our cool swimming hole.

Photobucket
So Kroten may look like his dad, but he thinks like his mom. We didnt put swim stuff on him cause it was kind of cold, and the water was deffinitly cold. But Kroten went from dipping his feet in, to full clothed water fun in no time. He loved the water. It was freezing and he was shivering but he still cried when we took him out.

Photobucket
And of course, what would be a camping trip without light pictures.


I LOVE CAMPING!!!

1 comment:

BECKY said...

oh my gosh!!! This trip looked FABULOUS!!! Kroten just looks soooooooooooo happy, especially in the goat one! And Crater Lake is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for the history lesson... crazy enough Yellowstone was created pretty much the same way... I learned all those big words last month!!