Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Food Storage

Jared has brought this thought up and it has come across my mind a few times as well, so I thought I would address it with a post! Maybe I just need to justify it for myself.

I am afraid that my posting about my food storage experience might come across to some people as arrogant, boastful, prideful, BRAGGING, audacious, egocentric, conceited, or what ever you want to call it. But it is not meant to be that way at all. I have very good reasons for posting my {very little} experience with food storage on the blog.

1. One of the major things that has motivated me thus far to get in gear with storage (besides the prodding from a prophet of God and my current bishop) is reading food storage blogs. After reading other peoples real life experiences, I think "hey this is something that I could really do." So this is my #1 intention is posting my experience here is that maybe you can be motivated by reading my experience as well.

2. I have said this before and I will say it again and again. The blog is my primary form of journaling, so if I want to remember it or if I want my posterity to know it about me, this is how it is going to happen. {that reminds me, I need to back it up, another project, another day.}

3. I have a blog to keep everyone updated on our family (and sometimes my) ongoings. This is what I am up to, this is what I am doing and this is what I am currently passionate about. If you read this blog, then I assume you are interested in what I am doing, so I am going to assume that you are interested in my food storage.

4. The last reason and probably the least important, but still very important, when I feel I have accomplished something, I like posting about it, because it is my way of giving myself a pat on the back. when I post about it, I feel good about what I have accomplished and it makes me want to do it again (warm fuzzy stuff). Thus posting about things (and reading your feedback) gives me confidence and motivation.

For those of you who dont know why in the heck (that is right I say heck, Jared makes fun of me) we collect food and store it, it is not becuase I am so in love with food that I am afraid it will run out one day. Allthough I know you think that is the reason, here is the real one. Family Home Storage.


So with that said...

This week for food storage my mom and I canned some fruit coctail and GRAPES. Yes I said grapes. Maybe you already know that you can can grapes, but I didnt and I thought it was the coolest idea EVER. Who ever tried that one is a GENIUS!! It was tons of fun, and I think I will do some more. Grapes are on sale for 98 cents/LB at albertsons right now, and they are big and beautiful ones. I LOVE IT.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

did you know that you can also can butter and cheese??? I didn't know that until my mother in law did it. And it tastes great when you take it out of the jar and eat it later!

I didn't think you were being boastful! I think you were and ARE smart! Good job!

BECKY said...

I love what you're doing. It's helping me so much. Please continue. And GRAPES?? WHAT!? I wish we lived closer... I'd like to try those!

Katie said...

I love when you brag on yourself Kristen! It gives me inspiration to get up and do something! You are awesome!!!