Monday, September 14, 2009

More food stored!

This week for food storage I did two things. WOOHOO!!!

1. My mom and I canned peaches. It was hard work, but a lot of fun. We had to peal and pit a ton of peaches. My back hurt afterward. Then we canned some and made peach jam with the rest. I havent tried the jam yet, but doesnt that sound divine?

Photobucket

Photobucket

2. I tried an easy food storage dough recipe. It was AWSOME. I was already going to make pizza for dinner and instead of buying dough like I normally do, I decided to try this recipe. You can make it entirly from your food storage and get this... it only takes about 30 minutes.

Photobucket

The best part about the recipe, besides it being made from food storage and being delicious and only taking 30 minutes to make and being super easy... I used the left over dough to make cinemon rolls the next morning. I didnt let them rise as much as I should have, but they turned out pretty good considering.

Photobucket

And since I know your dieing for these recipes...

Everyday food storage - pizza dough

Food Storage deals - Peach Jam

It may seem like I got a lot done this week, but just ask Jared... nothing els got done. It seems as though you accomplish one thing, everything els goes undone. One day... one day it will all work out. But heres to food sotrage (this week anyway.)

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Sounds super yummy!!

BECKY said...

The links aren't working for me? I definitely want that pizza dough recipe... I'm still trying to find the perfect one. Woot woot for all your awesomeness. I love your comment about how nothing else gets done... glad you feel that way because I was just thinking about that these past couple weeks about how that's how I feel!

Melissa said...

Wow! Food storage and everything. You're doing sooo waaaay better than me! You've certainly got it together! :-) Enjoy that jam. Maybe next year our apple tree will have apples. Then I"ll be making tons of apple pies and other yummy things that freeze really well. :-)

BECKY said...

Thanks so much for hooking me up sister! That IS a lot of dough! But cinnamon rolls are a must... :)

As for husbands and the planning department... :) Aaron doesn't either. Like I planned a fun little surprise party for him and got him a bunch of fun cute little gifts for his birthday. And Valentine's I surprised him with tickets to a play and a cute gift certificate I made. What did I get? Nothing. :) He is so not a planner either... especially when he's in school and bizzay and those consume his life. Anyway, that's why I specifically told Aaron that I wanted him to PLAN something and that I really expected him to do it. Luckily it paid off and hopefully he saw how much I enjoyed it and want to do it again without prodding... (let's not bet on it though!) As for yours, husbands are a work in progress and I so hope you get yours to do something special soon!!!! (And we wives are a work in progress too! Ha!)

Angie said...

Hey! I just canned a bunch of peaches and tomatoes too! It was my first real canning experience, and it was quite the learning experience. Yeah, I need to blog about that some day.

You guys soooo need to come up and visit! Come play games with us in the house that we don't live in yet. I like to think that we're fun people. And our boys need to meet. Heck, I need to meet your little guy. I feel like I know him from your blog though :)

Just read Becky's comment - and my husband doesn't plan much either for anniversaries, b'days, or V-days. But I guess unconditional love doesn't entail that. Darn.

Ummm, sorry this is a ridiculously long comment but I haven't commented in a while, so I feel okay about it. I just really love you :))))) Wow. that's a lot of chins.