Saturday, November 28, 2009

a not so perfect sunday

Kroten turned 18 months!
That means that he FINALY gets to go into the nursery at church.

Photobucket

You have NO idea what this means to me. He is such a hyper child that sitting through church for three hours is miserable. We usually go to the first hour and struggle through it, our life saver is FOOD. Lots of  food. We generally skip the second hour and trade off for the third hour. Lets just say I would rather be at home. It was super hard and I was literally counting down the days to this wonderful sunday.

It was going to be PERFECT.

but this is what the day ended up being like...

Photobucket

Instead of enjoying sunday school, and maybe learning something for the first time in 18 months, I sat in the nursery and watched my child get beat up by 24 other children. It was nap time, luch time and anything but be in a new place with out mom and dad time, no matter how many cool toys there were. The only time he was happy was when they gave him a snack. But once that was gone, he went right back to where is Mom mode.

I do love him!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

At least it made for cute pictures!

Emily Slaughter said...

Sad! I am sure he'll get there...

Margaret said...

Those are the cutest and funniest pictures ever! Love it!

I used to tell myself it wasn't my season to sit in church and listen to the talks. But that has passed for the most part now.

Hang in there. It does get easier. Just keep trying.

Thanks for your message. I am going to call you soon. :)

Kirsten said...

So far this has been my expirence as well. He will get used to it he may need to cry it out every time you drop him off for a while but never do anything that your not okay with, your the mama and you know what is best for your litle man. Such CUTE pics, I love love love Krotens hair.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Church is sometimes quite a nightmare. My kid makes it to the Sacrament and then everything's quiet and boring so then he goes wild. We have early church so he's not hungry at all. Nursery will get better. I'm in nursery with my son, so that has helped him transition immensely. Good luck! He'll get there. 24 other kids? Wow!

Sam and Josh said...

Poor Kroten he is sooo cute! Too bad they didn't have signing time songs and copper to help distract him! Do the nursery leaders know any sign language? He really liked signing to me at my house! I am sure he was like MA!? MA!? Doing his sign for mom and dad! You can really tell how much he loves you guys!!

rachel said...

You're not going to like what I'm about to tell ya... Christian NEVER like nursery. NEVER got used to it. The entire year and a half or whatever he was in there, one of us was in there, too!! SO FUN. (not) I wish you much much more luck than we had. :)
On a brighter note, all three of my girls have done very well. LOL
Love ya.

JessicaRindy said...

Good luck, as with everyone else I have a love/hate relationship with nursery. Is Kroten really that old?! Really??!

LeaAnne said...

:) Lilly has only just begun to feel okay going in there! Here's praying that she is not one of the beater uppers ;) Hugs~

Deidra Smith said...

Bummer. Liberty was awesome and loved nursery from the first minute. but both Brylee and Kayson have struggled right up until they started Primary. Some days are ok and some are terrible. And those overcrowded nurseries are what make it hard. they definately like smaller crowds and more structure. Hope you find his niche.

Angie said...

Hey, that means one more year until Nolan goes to nursery! Oh man, that seems like forever away. I could use some spiritual juice as well.