Monday, June 01, 2009

Party Time... LOTS OF PICTURES!

Kroten's birthday extravaganza

{day three}

We had a little BBQ out side on the lawn at our apartment. It was fun, we had burgers, potato salad and cake. Everybody brought Kroten such cool gifts. I am really grateful for all our great friends. I still can't believe he is one, but it was so much fun celebrating such a cool monument in his little but significant life.

I designed this little invite for his cool car party. He loves cars and pushes them around and make the vroom sound, so we thought it appropriate to use it as a theme. I need to get that on video soon.


Kroten and Grandpa waiting for the BBQ to start.





Daddy helping Kroten open all his great presents.


YAY new toys!!


Kroten eating his cake, it took him a while to warm up to it, but once he realized what it was, he went to town. He didn't make as big of a mess as I expected, but it was still fun to watch. After we took the cake away, he still kept eating all the stuff that fell on to his tray. He loved cake.


Kroten: "Grandpa, you really should try this, it is fantastic."


Grandpa: "Dont mind if I do Kroten."


This is the cake that I made for the party, it was fun and I think it turned out ok. Kroten wanted some of that one too.





Kroten wasn't the only one who liked his new toys.


And of course... Kroten and uncle Jamison playing and spending quality time together. I am surprised after eating all that cake that he didn't throw up on him.


2 comments:

Faith Penningtons said...

you made a really awesome cake. i think you have a special talent with the cakes. even that first one playing with fondant a while back was super cute. it is really cute how much kroten loves his uncle jamison. i think that it must just be something about those mosses, i know my family sure loves all of them!! and miss them too. how close are you guys to portland? i will be out there in october.

Kirsten said...

Holy Crap thats Jamison?? Last time I saw him he was a peep squeak, now he is a grown man, Crazy!!!
The cake looks amazing. And what a fun b-day celebration.
You are looking great too, lost weight??
Love you!!!