Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Silver Falls

If you don't like pictures, don't Read this post.
Cause there are LOTS.

We went hiking saturday with Sam and Josh.

BEST HIKE EVER.

It is one of those places that you wonder...
"why have I never been here before."
If you live in Oregon and have never been here, I HIGHLY recomend it.

We hiked 4 1/2 miles and saw 4 waterfalls.
And that is only half of the hike and half of the waterfalls.
We'll be going back another weekend to do the other half. Can't wait.

Lots of pictures, it was beautiful. Hopefully that is ok. :)

We hiked the green line. 4 1/2 miles.




Dont be deceived, he hated the back pack.








Breath taking, absolutly gorgeous.


The boys kept picking and eating these... they said they were huckleberrys. Lets just say Kroten had an interesting diaper the next day.







At one with nature.

Funny.
I thought he would have loved an outdoor butt-change.









Lunch anyone? After that hike, I was ready to eat a horse. It was only .3 miles back to the first waterfall, so we took lunch there. Glad we did, it was so pretty.


Silly Boy. He wouldnt eat the cheetos, he would just do this and make noises, and then try to feed it to someone else.

Kroten wanted to go into the water so bad. This is as close as he got.


I was so ready to be done. But it was fun!

9 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Man, I would love to visit there and see those waterfalls. I've never been to Oregon, but it sure looks pretty. I've only seen a few little waterfalls and of course Niagra Falls. You guys are such a cute family!!

Rachel Mary said...

I love the picture of the three of you! I think it is beautiful with the background and Kroten's smile. Your family is so adorable.

Michelene said...

Oh wow, I am so jealous! It is all so beautiful. I love all the beauty in Oregon, I think we'll definitely have to vacation there one day.

BECKY said...

HOLY GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! You took FFFFFFFFFFFFFFABULOUS pictures! I would be freaked to eat those berries! Seriously wow. Thanks for posting so many pics. Someday we'll come visit you and you will take us there. :) P.S. Loved the comment "don't be deceived, he hated the backpack"... but he was still smiling like a champ!

Margaret said...

That is where Greg and I got engaged. I love that place.

:)

Mat`amiT said...

hi there...having activities with family and friends are satisfying and meaningful :D

Angie said...

So, Kirk noted that these were pictures taken in Oregon and remarked "why haven't we gotten together with this fun couple yet?"

We should get together.


After my stitches heal.

Sam and Josh said...

Yippy! These pictures turned out so awesome! We had so much fun! You were so right the about the green background! I can't wait till we go hiking again! Thanks for such an awesome day!! Tell Kroten I said thanks for the soggy cheetos and pretzels! Oh I say so a lot!

rachel said...

If Sam is anything like Jordan, I can see why she's your best friend.
I'm LOVING that Jordan Jarvis Girl!!!!