Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ape Caves

On our way up to Seattle, we stopped at the Ape Caves near Mount Saint Hellen, with Jared's brother and sister-in-law. It was a lot of fun, a pretty hard hike, but a lot of fun. There are no monkeys incase you are wondering, they are called the Ape Caves becuause it was discovered by a scout troop called the apes. Also it is rumored to house Big Foot, Sadly we did not get to meet him.















Funny Story: As we were planning our trip, I was reading up on the caves since we were taking Kroten, I wanted to know exactly what we were getting into. Everywhere I read said that it was a difficult hike, and that there was an 8 foot wall that you have to climb. I was telling Jared that I didnt feel comfortable doing this with a baby. Jared had been to the caves before like a million years ago (ok, like 10 years a go.) and was telling me that it was not that hard and that the "wall" was really only like 5 feet tall and easy to climb. So the whole hike, everyone thought they were funny and did stupid things like pioint to 2 foot ledges and make snide comments like there is your cliff kristen. HA HA. But as you can see in the next few pictures, THERE WAS A WALL, and I WAS RIGHT!!!!! It was a hard hike, and Jared and I agreed that if we did it again, we probably wouldnt recomend taking a baby.









The end is in sight.

3 comments:

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like fun!! I see you got a new carrier thing for Kroten! Seems like he liked that one much better! Caves are fun! I am so excited you guys are coming to our BBQ!!!!

Introspective Steph said...

You should always listen to your wife! Tell jared that!!

Angie said...

I remember going to the ape caves like a million years ago too!

I don't even remember a wall though.