Friday, June 12, 2009

a project or two

I am a starter. 

I am not a finisher. 

I start projects and let them sit to collect all kinds of things... Dust, regret, nagging from my husband, and eventually some sort of ending fate. Poor projects. 

I bought a little too much of this way awesome fabric cause
I loved it. 
Instead of saving it for another project and probably never using it again, I went crazy with the sewing machine. Needless to say, nothing else got done that week,
but who cares.



I bought the fabric to make this...


...but totally rocked the boat and made these too.


It was a much needed living room make over.

15 comments:

DaNae said...

I need you to come sew stuff for me!! The dress and pillows are amazing. Nice work girl.

Katie said...

No really, that's amazing. You are so COOL!!! lol, did you use a pattern for that dress? Way to go Kristen!!

Sam and Josh said...

The pillows are awesome! I love the dress too! Good Job!

BECKY said...

What the AWESOME. The dress looks 100% storebought. YOU ROCK!! I love the pillow with buttons. You go girl.

Margaret said...

Fancy Schmancy!

coycoy said...

Amazing!! Love them all! You crafty girl!

Teresa said...

Love it! All of it!

That is awesome fabric. I've been looking for something similar so that I can make a 4th of July dress for Jenna.

Good job finishing your project and then some. :-)

Michelene said...

Super Cute Kristen!!
I am a starter too. I still have quilts that I'm working on for the kid's rooms. I think I started them in like Jan. and I don't think I've touched them since March. Maybe one of these days.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, that's so awesome! You need to teach me to sew!

Gina Hurst said...

Where do I put my order in for a dress?

Kirsten said...

You Rock Girl!!! Love the dress and the pillows they are totally awesome.

Angie said...

So what happens when you're wearing the dress and you sit on the couch?? I think it'd be awesome to wear things that matched my decor! But tough to do.

Hobbs Family said...

Super cute! Look how talented you are!

Anonymous said...

You are fabulous! I wish I could fill my time making wonderful things like that. How did you learn to cook, sew, take beautiful photos, make announcements.....etc. You are so talented.

rachel said...

You looked SO good in that dress! I was floored you made it. Amazing.

And the pillows?? How dang cute.

You are one talented girl, Miss Kristen.

Can't wait to be neighbors at camp. :)