Monday, August 23, 2010

what a blessing

In our church, when a baby is born they are given a name and a blessing. The blessing is given by the father. Jared was able to give Kem her blessing a few sundays ago. It was an absolutly awesome day. Jared's blessing was beautiful and I was beaming. The spirit was so strong for me that day. I had the same feelings this day that I did when Kroten was blessed; look at this beautiful baby, so close to heaven and heavenly father has trusted me, in this horrifying and cruel world, to raise her, to teach her, to cherish her, to love her, to grow with her and to be her friend. It is a little overwhelming of a thought but it is one of the most wonderful things I have ever had to do in my life. The other thing that baby blessings make me think is how grateful I am for a husband who loves and cherishes these children as much as I do and is worthy and holds the priesthood to give them a name and a blessing. I am not trying to be prideful or boastful, but I am a pretty blessed woman... wait, when did I become a woman with a HUSBAND and two KIDS?

Photobucket he is seriously beaming with love for his little girl. I love him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Something special for me was that Kem was wearing the dress that I was blessed in. She was beautiful. I love this dress, my grandmother made it for me and now she got to wear it. It was a special way to connect generations.
Photobucket I was a little bit older in this picture and quite a bit chubbier! :)

It was a special day and I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life.

7 comments:

Jed and Amanda said...

She is just absolutely gorgeous! I love your pictures with her. Isn't it the best to see your sweet baby girl and her daddy so in love? What a lucky little girl to have you both.

Deidra Smith said...

That is fun that she got to wear your blessing dress and I agree that blessing day evokes some pretty strong emotions towards the sweet baby, Heavenly Father, and your hubbby. Glad it was such a special day for you.

Jackie said...

She is beautiful! And you look beaming and beautiful as well!

BECKY said...

so special! LOVE your thoughts.

Katie said...

So sweet! You really are blessed Kristen, and they are blessed to have you. Life is good!!

coycoy said...

She is such a cutie!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Baby blessings are so precious! Very cool about the dress!