Sunday, August 29, 2010

VOMIT!

Photobucket

They say every baby is different, I didn't believe it, I was so sure that all my babies would be as easy as K man was. Kroten spit up maybe 3 times his entire infancy, Kemiry spits up 3 times a feeding. I use more burp cloths in one day with kem than I have ever used for Kroten. I am not exaggerating. She is a barf machine. Not just a little curdled spit up on her chin, I am talking 2 ounces of milk regurgitated just minutes after she eats. Yesterday she threw up on me and it went down my cleavage and puddled in my bra, her entire face was covered in nasty milk. needless to say, I am going to be making some of these today.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Kristen, that was my life with Raleigh and is now my life with Trent... drives me crazy!! I wish I could tell you how to make it better but I have no idea myself haha. Oh and I've had the spit up in the bra experience too lol, sick nasty.

Sarah said...

Spit up stinks (in more way than one!). With Payt, until he was about 12 mo, we'd average 10 spit ups a feeding. Somethings I learned were (sorry if you already do these and I'm being redundant)-- smaller, more frequent feedings, burping half way through feedings, feed in an upright (as much as possible while breast feeding) position, keep head/body elevated 30-45 mins after eating, prescription reflux meds, have baby sleep on elevated mattress, if the milk is curdled it might be an allergy to milk or excess acid in her belly.

Good luck! Burp clothes are a MUST!

Sanders Family said...

sorry to hear, i had that same prob with madi you just have to deal with it until they are older 9about one or so they grow out of it. Good luck its disgusting.

quincy said...

Sounds familiar! I pretty much smell like sour milk all the time. That tutorial for the burp clothes is adorable! Another sewing project on my list..

BECKY said...

I've been without internet for awhile so it's good to catch up on you! I know the barf down the clevage and bra... totally happened to me!! I love Kman's snow boots. And I love Kem's pouty face. :) And I love you too!