Tuesday, August 10, 2010

mini van

If I had to guess, I would say that Kroten's collection of matchbox cars has topped the charts at about 30 as of now. He has inherited all the cars from Jared's childhood, he has collected cars from birthdays and visits from grandmas and aunts, he has even scored a few cheap, but cool racers from cereal boxes.

You would think some nifty yellow hot rod, or a shiny red fire truck, maybe even a self propelled race car would be among his favorites, but it is not. Kroten's favorite car is an old, beat up mini van. Yes a mini van.

There have been several nights that Kroten has laid in bed and yelled across the house "van please... mommy, van please." I would even venture to say that Jared is a little ashamed that Kroten has not chosen a more manly vehicle, I think I heard him say the other day "why would any one make a mini van match box car?"

Photobucket

I don't know how to interpret his love for this mini van, but if it keeps him quite and helps him sleep, I will let him have the mini van.

5 comments:

Deidra Smith said...

he just knows a good thing when he sees it. I know mini vans have a bad wrap and I have to say I was a little embarrassed to buy one myself when we got to the stage of needing more room, but didn't have the money for the suv. But, now after driving the van and the suv, I would pick a van again in a heart beat as far as comfort and ease of driving. Even my hubby talks them up now. So maybe he's just a smart kid that is worried about comfort and value over flash and bling:)

Katie said...

Haha, what a family man!

BECKY said...

a van man!

and good luck to going back to on your own; you can do it!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

So I was reading this post and Sam was across the room and suddenly came over and said, "Wo, what IS that!?" Haha...apparently he likes it, too.

Gina Hurst said...

There's nothing wrong with a mini van! I am super excited to get one.