Friday, August 13, 2010

3 whole weeks

Photobucket"me?? I am 3 weeks old? Your kidding me."

6 weeks ago, I was three weeks from my c-section date. 6 weeks ago I thought that 3 weeks ago seemed so far away. I thought it would never come. Now it is 6 weeks later and Kem is 3 weeks old. WOW. The time has already flown by and I am absolutely in love with her.

I can't believe that 3 weeks ago, she was still inside of me. I didn't know what she looked like. I wondered every five minutes what color her hair was. I wanted to smell her and kiss her and hear her cry. I longed for a sleepless night because it meant she was here. AND NOW SHE IS!! Her hair is black. She smells like Burt's bees baby shampoo. I kiss her every 10 seconds and we are definitely trying to catch up on sleep.

she does a lot of this...
Photobucket

and it is a combined effort between mom, dad and k man to do the comforting.
Photobucket
"tis ok kemmy...twinkle twinkle, how I wonder you are." And an occasional "shut up" We are desperately trying to figure out where he learned that one, I swear it was not from one of us.


We are having the hardest time flipping kem's nights and days. With kroten it only took a few days, but with kem, she sleeps all day going 5 hours between feedings and wants to be awake all night and eat every two. So we spend all day trying to keep her awake. It is interesting to say the least. Unfortunately she still manages to do this all day...
Photobucket

needless to say, we do a lot of this...
Photobucket

Three whole weeks couldn't have gone faster... I am going to miss this.

10 comments:

BECKY said...

the cross eyed pic is hilarious! keep loving every second... i love your attitude :)

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I miss those newborn days already when my baby wants nothing more than to be with me and cuddle all day. They don't last long enough!

Sam and Josh said...

How cute! Kemiry is growing so fast every time I see her she looks a little different! She is super cute! Kroten is super cute too! I love you all!

Teresa said...

Kroten and Kemiry are the cutest kids EVER! Such sweethearts. I'm glad that you're not overlooking naptime for yourself. It's essential!

Katie said...

That last picture is PRICELESS! You are such a great mom, Kristen. What sweet sweet babies!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the three of you on couches. Adorable.

Kendra said...

Isaiah's days and nights were really mixed up for a long time (he still doesn't sleep through the night without waking up at least once most nights). But, my aunt told me to put him on the floor every time he fell asleep and that way he wouldn't sleep as long. It worked really well. He still woke up several times a night, but would go back to sleep after eating each time instead of staying awake and didn't sleep during the day as much. I hope you get some sleep some day.

LeaAnne said...

She is a beauty friend! <3 you!

Jackie said...

Kristen, Kem is beautiful!!! I can't believe it has been three weeks already!! That has really flown by for me too! Jared, the nightstands are awesome!! If I were still around, I would def. be putting you to work for me!
Glad to see you guys are doing well!

rachel said...

She is sooo stinkin beautiful!
And someday I'm stealing that quilt Sam made... watch out!! ;)