Monday, August 09, 2010

On our own.

I feel like a different blogger these days. I feel like I just have been slapping up a whole bunch of unedited pictures and not writing. Where did all my writing skills go? I used to write witty things and cool captions. I used to spend time writing something meaningful rather than letting all the pictures do the talking. Kem is now an official part of my family and she isn't even in the blog header yet. I thought that my body was the only thing that I was going to have to work on getting back after having a baby, but now I am learning that I need to work on getting my blogging back too. We will see what I can do about that. But for now it is nap time and While I should be napping, I am going to quickly blog. and for writing sake, i wont even post any pictures with this one.

Jareds family officially left this morning. It is definitely bitter sweet. Bitter, for obvious reasons, they live across the country and we won't see them for a while. we loved having them here to visit, play with the babies and help out with the stuff I cant do like vacuuming. It is only sweet because managing twelve people, trying to entertain them all, mother a two year old who is potty training, take care of a newborn and recover from a c section while Deal with my post- partum hormones was a little too much for me to handle at times. (sorry if I came off as a grouch most of your visit.) We will miss them all deeply though.

But today was our official first day alone. It went smoother than expected. We went to the library and wal mart and then to the park for lunch. Now it is nap time. We had few meltdowns, no real tantrums (from kroten or myself) kem just wanted to eat all day, no potty accidents or diaper blow outs. We all are tired, but we are all still alive. I can't be 100% sure about this, but I think we might be able to survive this two kids thing... I'll let you know if that changes!

Oh and I lied... I must post at least one picture...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

2 definitely makes things more entertaining and difficult. It's taken me several months to finally get a good flow going with both kids, but it comes.

Sanders Family said...

I feel ya on the post-partum hormones. The 2 kids things is a juggle for sure, i am still trying to get in the groove, especially when they both demand your attention at once. Don't forget to enjoy the time though, it goes fast.

Katie said...

Kristen, you are super mom!! That's so great that Kroten is potty trained, I am jealous! We jumped off that wagon a while ago and I am not ready to get back on. Anyways, enjoy your little family, having two kids is freakin' awesome ; )