Sunday, June 06, 2010

What a day.

I thought I was going to get some rest after photographing the wedding, but then this happened...
Photobucket
Kroten was playing with our friends dog. Remember that we are out of town on vacation. He must have done something really mean to the dog, becuase they had been playing all day without any complications, but it randomly barked and bit and ran away. I wasnt sure if it was bad enought to go to the ER, but I called our doctor at home and they said with a dog bite to always go in. So we did. And I had to be at the wedding reception to take pictures in less than two hours.


Photobucket

Photobucket My Baby being admitted to the ER. Look how huge that bracelet is on his little wrist. I had to leave right after this point. I felt really bad. But honestly, I dont think I could have handled the rest of what happened.


Photobucket
Kroten right after being sedated. This is one of the most horrible things to see, your precious poor baby being drugged and incoherent. I felt bad for leaving, but honestly I am glad that I wasnt there for this part.


Photobucket
The doctor with his fishing vest on stitching up k man.


Photobucket Kroten after being stictched up.


Photobucket The reception got over, and I was able to be there when Kroten was waking up. He couldnt talk or hold up his head and his eyes were all over the place. It was a humbling to see him like this. It was heart breaking. When he did come around a little, he was asking for baseball and pointing to the TV, but he couldnt focus his eyes. Then all he wanted was "popcorn" which is his favorite song. He always says "one more" after I sing it and usually I cut him off after about 3 rounds, but I just couldnt, I think I may have sang it ten times while holding my poor baby.


Props to Jared. He sat in the ER waiting room for 2 hours, watched them sedate and stich our poor baby and then sat in the room with a drugged Kman for anouther 2 hours, all so I could go shoot the wedding reception. 5 hours in the ER, Jared was the hero that day. And this is all he says when I tell him he is wonderful is "I love that little boy."


And at the end of the day I realized that photographers who shoot in 90 degree weather and dont wear sunscreen are stupid.
Photobucket

What a day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oh my. That just makes me want to hold him and cry. :( how scary. And that sucks that you got sun burnt. I never realized how many freckles you had. Lol. Your an amazing woman Kris, and a fabulous mom. You did great. :)

Margaret said...

That is so sad! I'm sorry you had to all go through that. :(

DaNae said...

What a little trooper. So hard to see kids in that kind of situation.

Sarah said...

Oh so sad! I hope he feels better soon! ER visits/admissions are the worse and so taxing on the parents. Thankfully, little ones bounce back so quickly!

JessicaRindy said...

Oh no! I hope Kroten recovers soon, he looked like he was being so brave!! Thats so scary!!

Deidra Smith said...

Glad you all came through ok, I hate scary hospital visits. Bummer about the sunburn-at least on the bright side, you are on your way to more summer coloring:)

Anonymous said...

Poor Kroten. He is such a tough little guy!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! He looks a lot like I did after getting my wisdom teeth out...talk about 8 shots in the mouth! Shudder. What a brave boy.

quincy said...

Poor little guy! It is so terrible when our babies get hurt. I am glad he is okay!

Amanda said...

Poor little lamb! Having your kid sedated is hard to watch. It calls for bravery from Kroten and the parents.