Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home Made Play Dough

We have been so bored lately. I have been thinking that Kroten needs more stimulating toys, so I put my thinker to work, and I made some play dough. It wasnt just fun for Kroten, I had a blast. Here is the recipe for those of you who have kids, or for anyone who feels like baking up something salty.

Home Made Play Dough
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
4 Tsp cream of tarter
2 Cups Water
2 TBS oil
food coloring


Cook everything over medium heat. Stir constantly.

Photobucket
Keep stiring until it gets doughy and a little more solid.
Photobucket


Knead the dough till it is smooth. (I had already added the food
color in this picture, but this is the consistancy.)
Photobucket


Flatten the dough and add the food coloring. Fold over the dough
and knead in the color. This way it doesnt get on your hands.
Photobucket


and TADA, you have playdough.
Photobucket


Now the hard task is getting a 16 month old to get the concept.
He is slowly getting it.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sara said...

How fun! Once he gets the hang of it, I'm sure Kroten will love playing with play-dough :-P

Introspective Steph said...

I remember my mom made us play dough and i just ate it...LOL. It was REALLY salty. LOL. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. (I ate a lot of wierd stuff when i was younger).

BECKY said...

Awesome! I'll definitely be coming back to this in the future! I wonder if it's tasty? :)

JessicaRindy said...

A cup of salt?! Ok but this looks really fun, we'll have to try it. Maybe I'll make black and orange and we can make pumpkins since we haven't carved ours yet. Kroten is such a thumb sucker, its awesome! Chase is becoming one too. Hope you guys are well!