Saturday, October 03, 2009

Sad but Blessed

:(

I would like to start this post off by saying that Jared is the most wonderful husband. He is SO good to me, he is a fantastic father, he is a worthy preisthood holder and a righteous presider over our family. He is THE most organized person I have ever known {that is not an exageration,} he is frugal and so good to the things he has. He makes sure that everything that we own lasts as long as it can and that he gets his moneys worth out of it.

That being said, you should know that what I am about to post was an honest mistake and that he was not being careless, it was a total accident...

Jared lost my camera!!!
my fancy, expensive, christmas, birthday, graduation leap year, present.

He is taking a photo class (at my prodding) and the teacher encouraged them to take the camera everywhere with them. He has been riding the bus to school so we can save a little money (like I said, he is frugal) and he was trying to do some homework while on the bus, he didnt realize that his stop was coming and he was talking to my mom (she was watching Kroten while I slept cause I worked last night) and he just had so much going on that he left the camera sitting on the seat. He feels horrible.

LONG story shorter, we called the bus station and they said they wont know if it got turned in to lost and found till Monday. WHAT? MONDAY? That is three days away. YOU WANT US TO WAIT THREE DAYS!!!

So we went to wal-mart, bought a new swiffer (mine broke) and a new fish (Jared's died) and some oil for the car. {exciting I know!} Then went to Dairy Queen and ate way to much ice cream, all of this trying to drown our sorrows.

So Now what?
We knelt down and prayed very hard that Heavenly Father would 1. help us find our camera and 2. comfort us and let us continue to do what needs to be done (school, making Kroten happy, work etc.) because for the time being this was all that was occupying our minds.

Now I am just trying to think... okay, what does the Lord want us to learn from this.

I know this is prolly silly to most of you and it doesn't seem like a big trial, but this is a big deal to us, it was expensive, and I was just starting to get good and sorta confident at this photography thing. What am I going to do now, I have a few jobs lined up!!!

I think what I can learn and what I am TRYING (desperately) to learn is to trust my Father in Heaven. He knows what I am going through. He knows I was enjoying developing this talent and taking pictures of my family, he knows this hurts my feelings, and he knows how badly this makes Jared feel. I know that he will either help us find our camera, help us get a new one or give us peace that is OK. Maybe I need to learn to appreciate the things I already have, maybe I need to recognize how blessed we are, maybe I just need to acknowledge that with out Devine help, I wouldn't even have a fancy shmancy camera, or a car, an apartment, a job, opportunities, friends and family, the church, a fantastic hubby (who is going to school) and an awsome, cute, sometimes overbearingly annoying, red head son, A SON. I am truly so grateful for all my blessings.
To be perfectly honest with myself, in the long long long run, my camera won't matter. *sniff sniff*

OK now that I have learned those lessons, can I have my camera back? {Just kidding}

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I know how hard this must be and so stressful too...maybe Conference today will help you feel better :) I hope so, and I hope you find your camera!

Katie said...

Lol! You are so funny Kristen, you should get your camera back! I think its great that you can see the positive in this situation... so true to who you are! Good luck finding it!!

Kirsten said...

It is totally a big deal. I am soo soo so sorry. I know it will all work out, I will keep you guys in my prayers for sure. Love you!!

LeaAnne said...

I am so sorry! I know how it is to loose something like that.. Your camera is a thing that gives you a scene of pride and self worth that is yours alone that makes you feel special. (even if you are already special for a gazillion reasons!)

I am sorry. I know you will *get over* or *understand why* in days to come... But I think it is okay to stomp your foot once! ;)

Hug your dear Husband. I love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry friend, I really hope it got turned in and you will get it back on MOoday.

rachel said...

I am sooo crossing my fingers for Monday.
There are some good people in this world and often times, we are surprised by the compassion and charity of them. My hopes for you are that the someone who found it is one of those good people and turned it in.
Don't give up hoping. There's a BIG chance you'll see that camera again! :)

Lemme said...

SAD!!! I hope it's found!!! I'm looking forward to a post on Monday!

Deidra Smith said...

Oh, Bummer! I hate it when things like that happen it just makes you feel sick. But, good for you trying to see what can be learened and keeping a positive attitude. Hope it all ends well.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I can definitely sympathize. Our big fancy camera is one of our dearest possessions because it helps us capture so much of our lives...especially as our little family grows. Hope it finds it's way back to you. I will sorely miss Wordless Wednesdays without it. :(

BECKY said...

oh my heck i'm crying for you. accidents are the worst. :( i so, so, so, so, so, SO hope that today brings fabulous news from the bus.