Monday, July 21, 2008

We did it.

"Crying it out," however hard, has paid off. I will be honest, it was excruciating letting my poor little man scream his head off in the crib while I turn the volume on a movie up as loud as I can. I swear I could hear him saying Mommy, please come get me. But it was all worth it. He hasn't cried at all the last two days when we put him in the crib, he just falls asleep, and, wait for it, sleeps for 7 hours. Apparently the definition of sleeping through the night is sleeping 6 or more hours. SO WE MADE IT... we are sleeping through the night. Sure its not 12 hours nor is it even the recommended adult 8 hours, but we are making progress. I am still praying hard that the progress continues. I would even be happy if it stays the way it is.

7 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

congrats on getting Kroten to sleep more than 2 hours in fact more than 6 hours! YAY!!!!

Also, I enjoyed your advice, so keep it coming if you want to.

Kirsten said...

Yeah that is wonderful, you are much braver then me I didn't let "P" cry it out till he was 8 months old and I still cried as hard as he did : )

Margaret said...

Yeah for you guys! And good job Kroten too!

rachel said...

Is beautiful an okay description of a boy baby in your book??

Because it is in mine...

and your little Kroten is BEAUTIFUL!!!

The Big B's said...

Thats awesome! I love this picture. Well I am happy that you did it. It is hard but worth it! Don't worry Kendal has never slept more than 9 hours, so we are in the same boat. They just don't want to miss out on the world.

Laura said...

What a beautiful baby! That is one of the most precious pictures I have ever seen.

Teresa said...

Great job! I'm glad that you're getting some sleep now. Kroten is getting so big!