Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy independence.


Fourth of July was great. It was pretty simple. Jared spent $25 on "illegal" fireworks at an indian reservation. I honestly don't know why they are illegal, and I really can't tell you why Jared spent money on them. The name bottle rocket sounds so much cooler than the actual event really is. These things spark a little and shoot about 50 feet in the air. that is it. No explosion or anything. WOOHOO, I guess I am not as excited, because I am not of the male species. I will never understand. This picture is of Jared lighting one of his "fireworks."

Then we went to idaho falls and sat by the river across from the temple for 6 hours waiting for the fireworks to start. Jared was bored, but i really enjoyed relaxing by the river and not having to worry about anything. I had fun. Jared's brother Jamison came to visit, and played with Kroten while we sat and relaxed by the river.
Jamison held Kroten for the whole fireworks show. we all thought Kroten would either sleep through the whole thing or cry through it. Turns out he did neither. He was wide awake the whole time, and I think he was really watching some of it. Jamison made sure to cover his ears when the loud booms were coming.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That looks like it was tons of fun. When I was about 8 or 9 years old we had a family reunion in Idaho Falls the week of the 4th of July and we went and watch fireworks across the river from the temple. Boy does your picture bring back memories!

We can't wait until you guys move back to Eugene!

Introspective Steph said...

fun times! sounds like you enjoyed the fireworks! My family came down for the fireworks. We went to Kings Island and watched it there. it was really fun. If you guys are ever in Ohio again, make sure you stop at Kings Island in Cincinnati.

JessicaRindy said...

Glad you guys had fun! We are back in town now, when are you going to bring that little toad over to visit? There may be some pretzel jello salad in the mix :) And cute smiles! Can't wait to see them in person!!

The Big B's said...

Setting things on fire is a guy thing. I will never really understand it either. I am glad you guys had a good 4th. Your family looks great!

Faith Penningtons said...

Ahhh, how cute is uncle Jamison!? Kroten is adorable, and I love to view ya'lls page. I can't wait to meet him. I miss my Moss'. Also, Jared....congrats on the GREAT grades. I don't have a blog, but my email is fbrandjes@pplweb.com

Faith