Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sleep update.

So I am almost ashamed to admit that i gave in. We waited so long, we thought that if we tried night after night that we might be able to break in the crib. But know you this, it was out of pure desperation and lack of beauty sleep that we caved in to the powers of the swing. It worked, I knew it would, I was just hoping that we wouldn't have to use this tactic. Here is how the night went.

8:00- Kroten wants to sleep, but we give it our all to keep him awake.
9:00- Kroten is not happy.
10:00 - "ok ok, you can eat and go to bed now."
10:30- Kroten is wide awake in his crib.
This is truly ironic because half an hour ago, Kroten was falling asleep in a sitting up position. I dont know why, but for some reason he does not like the crib.
10:55- I turn to Jared and ask if he wants to try the swing.
10:55 and 10 seconds - Jared has Kroten out of the crib and ready for the swing.
11:00- Kroten is asleep in the swing.
3:00- Kroten is hungry and Awake.
4:00- Kroten back to sleep in swing.
7:30- Kroten awake and hungry again.

Just incase you dont feel like adding, that is 8 1/2 hours of sleep. I am feeling pretty good today.

As you can see, last night was a lot smoother than the past few nights. I hate to say it, but we just might be using the swing a little more often.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yeah for the swing, "Busy" like to be swaddled and in her car seat, that was her place, it seems Kroten has found his.

Laura said...

I remember sitting on our couch either the first or second night we brought Charlie home from the hospital thinking, "What in the world did we get ourselves into? We are not going to get a good nights sleep for 18 years." We eventually started letting him sleep in his carseat and he slept in it until he was 5 months old.

People used to tell us that he would never learn to sleep in his crib and that he would be a hunchback. Don't worry he did sleep in his crib and he stands up tall. You have to do whatever works! Don't feel guilty just try to get some sleep!

Teresa said...

When you are desperate for sleep, you gotta do what you gotta do. I second what Kirsten said about swaddling. If you haven't tried that yet, you might want to. We used a blanket called Swaddle Me that we got at Toys R Us for under $10, but you can use a regular baby blanket, too. I am glad that you got some sleep by using the swing!

Lakes are Great said...

He's sure a cute baby! I had to make our blog private so if you guys still read it my email is mnjlake@gmail.com, just email me your email address so I can invite you to read it. Good luck sleeping!

DaNae said...

I just read your last few posts of the struggles with having kids! Seriously, it is so hard sometimes (and it gets harder) but it is so so worth it. I know you know that, but it is nice to hear it again I think. Ok, one tip- we bought Ella a "body positioner" at babies r us. It is like a little wedge type thing that holds them tight and makes them feel secure. Ella slept like a dream in that. I think sometimes a crib is just too big for little ones! Maybe give it a try.