Tuesday, June 03, 2008

So what's the story?

So I am told that I need to post the story and Kroten's stats. I probably should have dont this already, but I will do it now.
It was a dark and stormy night, and all the people in the town were waiting to hear the news. ok ok just kidding. It was 7:30 am four days after the due date, our doctor had decided to induce. It was slow going and disgusting at first, they had to break my water.

This is what it feels like after your water has broken, NOT FUN!!

At about noon, I started to feel the contraction more and more and more. by two o' clock I was in so much pain that I couldn't even talk. This is when my best friend at the time, Mr. anesthesiologist, came running into the room with his scrubs on and a whole lot of drugs on a tray. I can only describe the feeling of an epidural as a hershey symphony chocolate bar melting in my mouth. My legs were starting to go numb and my body felt warm all over like I was being wrapped in a big down comforter. Moral of that short detour, get an epidural.

This is what it feels like after you have had an epidural.

At about 4 o' clock, I was dilated to a five. Apparently after nine and a half hours of labor, this was a good thing, we were half way done. This is about when the babies heart rate started dropping with each contraction. The nurse checked me again about an hour later and I was still only dilated to a five, and he was still stationed pretty high. SO... the doctor came and had the same news that the nurse did. They put me on oxygen and I was forbidden to leave my left side, I know traumatizing huh.

This is what it looks like when you wanna kill your husband for taking pictures and also for "doing this to you."

They gave us two and a half more hours, checking in on us ever once in a while. after 5 hours of no progress, at 9:30 pm, he said were doing a c-section. It was a failure to progress section. The crew was amazing, and Jared, looking pale, reassured me that it was all going to be ok, because at this point "that won't happen to me" just didn't fit anymore. We had the C-Section, and Jared watched the entire thing. They pulled the baby out, and put him back in to take the cord off from around his neck, and Kroten J Moss was born at 10:17 pm on the 28th of May.



Kroten J Moss
7 pounds 6 ounces
20 inches long

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Way to go hot mama!!! You did a amazing job and I am so glad that you got an epidural. Little Kroten is sooooooooooo cute, I can't wait to see more pics of him. Hope you are recovering well and that Jared is taking great care of you, I am sure he is but if not tell him I will beat him up. Love you guys and give that sweet baby a kiss for me.

Katie said...

LOL great story and pictures to go with it! I can't wait to see the announcements you made, but I'm sure you're busy ;) Hope y'all are having fun! TTYL!

Margaret said...

LOVED this post! It brought back many memories. I love the anesthesiologist. Can you say instant best friend?!

I'm so glad everything is going so well now and that you have such a beautiful baby to boot!

BECKY said...

Wow, what a story!! Thank you for sharing!

Would they let you watch the birth? How are you healing?

BECKY said...

Oh and I love the first family picture. You can see a tear in your eye and it is just such a sweet, sweet picture. Did Jared cry?

Lakes are Great said...

You are a funny girl...glad it all worked out(i so want to have a baby now!)

Teresa said...

Bravo! I can so relate to your epidural story, and I love the before and after photos. Classic!

Congratulations again on a beautiful baby boy. Yeah!