Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Plant lesson 101

So our apartment complex built a small garden box and gave all the tenants a little spot to grow what ever they want. Good thing my mom happens to have a green thumb and is here for the planting season, because she did all the work. I was helping though. I sat in a chair and held the baby and wrote on the little sticks that tell you what your growing. I am not lazy, I just had a C-Section and am allowed to sit and watch. It was fun though, now if the weather would just cooperate, i might be able to enjoy the fruits of my mother labors.


See doesnt this look like fun. Now all I need is a southern-bell straw hat and a lemonade and I will be set.

(This next story is just to illustrate how much I know about plants.) My mom held up what I now know to be a tomato plant and said "do you know what this is?" I replied in my naiveness, "it looks like weed to me." She then gave me a long overdue lesson on what weed actually looks like and what made this particular plant a tomato

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Good for you sitting down and taking it easy. I am so glad that your mom is still there.

Margaret said...

That is exactly what my mom would do! I love my mom!