Monday, June 23, 2008

Joy in your posterity.

Kroten met his great great great grandmother yesterday, I guess I should say great grandma Mecham met her great great grandson. It was such a neat experience to see her reaction when they told her that Kroten was her great great grandchild. She dropped her chin to her chest and had a huge grin. I like to think we made her feel a sense of purpose in life, and maybe brought her some joy. As far as I understand, it was the first great great grandchild that she has held. I felt really blessed, it was a neat thing to see. She said "I will never forget this day." Every one joked about the fact that she probably already had. This experience made me feel proud, and truly did bring me Joy to see five generations in one room.
Generation 1 Kroten J, Gen. 2 jared and Kristen, Gen.3 Tammy (Jared's mom), Gen. 4 great uncle Jim and Ron, and Gen. 5 Great grandma Mecham

I had an interesting and bitter sweet thought last night as I thought about the day. Jared's great grandmother is getting ready to end her long life, and Kroten is just starting his. The cycle of life is so interesting, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. The most interesting part to me is that we all come to the earth at a certain time to accomplish certain things. Great grandma has had her time, and how happy and nervous I am to raise Kroten to live his life now.

3 comments:

BECKY said...

He's a long little guy!!! What a sweet picture of all of you together!

And I love the picture of him with the sunglasses on!... and keep those mohawks coming!!!

The Big B's said...

That is bitter sweet! I am so glad that she got to enjoy Kroten,It probably made her so happy!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'm pretty sure there aren't any great great grandparents for Sam to meet...