Friday, July 30, 2010

staying and going.

Our hospital stay was really nice. I don't know why anyone would want to come home early. Because I had to have a c-section I had to stay at least two nights. By sunday morning I was feeling a little overwhelmed and still a little nervous to come home. So we stayed one more night and by monday morning I was actually excited to come home. Our nurses were awesome and I couldn't have asked for better help. They made sure that I was healing properly and that Kem was nice and healthy. We had to switch rooms on our last night because the nurses phones were not working in our room and they thought it wasn't safe. I love staying in the hospital, I feel like a queen in a big adjustable bed demanding grahm crackers with peanut butter and a percocet.

Photobucket
Our view out the window was ugly it was just the hospital roof, but the sunrise was one of my favorite things to look for.

Photobucket
Kroten would not sleep in the cradle so it was a nice treat to have a baby who will.

Photobucket


We came home on Monday afternoon. It was a nice time to come home. While we were in the hospital Kroten kept saying baby home, but I was super nervous of how he would act when we did bring her home. To my surprise, he was very excited to see baby Kemiry at his house. The next morning I woke up before Jared and Kemiry, and Kroten said "daddy, baby, hospital." He thought we had just left them there. lol.

Photobucket
Daddy getting ready to come home with his daughter.

Photobucket
Mommy ready to sit down after the long walk to the car, and proud as can be to have a little girl.

Photobucket
in the parking garage getting all buckled in.

Photobucket
slept the whole way home.

Photobucket
Daddy carrying Kem over the threshold, or up the stairs to our apartment. 


Needless to say, we are so excited to be home, nervous that we have two kids, and over joyed that we are a family of four.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

At first glance I was thinking, "Your baby's gonna freeze! Why is she in short sleeves? How can they stand taking pictures when it's that cold?"

And then I remembered that you gave birth to your baby in the summer and, more importantly, someplace where it is actually warm in the summer. Our coming home experiences with both babies were very different, seeing as it was the middle of winter in Alaska.

Anyway, welcome home and good luck with adjusting to your new routine!

And gorgeous pictures.

That's all. I'm done.

Katie said...

So awesome, I wish our hospital stay was that nice! After the first day I was ready to be out of there, my nurses were great but Trent's nurses were ANNOYING. I'm so glad you guys had a good time!

Angie said...

Nice carseat! Please tell me you got the same one as me because I'm so awesomely trendy and find the best deals!

Oh, and your baby's cute too ;) Congrats! I really happy for you.