Saturday, March 27, 2010

growing like a weed

I read in one of my pregnancy books that if a baby were to continue to grow outside the womb at the rate that it grew inside the womb, by the time it was a year old it would weigh 100 lbs. That is amazing to me. That means that this baby is growing like a weed. And I know it is growing like a weed because today I was super hungry and sleepy all day long. I have been feeling her a lot more and a lot stronger. It is wonderful, AND...
Jared felt her kick for the first time today.
YAY. I saw his eyes beam and then he started talking about how excited he was to go to the hospital and hold her for the first time. It is nice for him to have some connection to the baby besides my growing belly, now he can feel her. This was a happy accomplishment in the pregnacy.

All is well on the prego front.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm so happy to hear it is all going well and that baby girl moss is growing like a weed. Love you!!!

Katie said...

Sweet!! And that is crazy how fast a baby grows! No wonder I need two bowls of ice cream instead of one nowadays... haha

Anonymous said...

How exciting. Babies kicking is amazing. I always liked to feel my nieces and nephews kick. I am glad things are going so well and that little Miss Moss is growing like a weed.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Yay! New fathers are so cute!

Ging said...

You have a very unique gift for sharing your perspective for pregnancy. I almost want to have another baby... if I could. I also wish I had an excuse for my appetite for both sleep and food.

Jed and Amanda said...

I haven't had time to read your blog in so long...I've missed it! I felt that wonderful feeling of what having a baby in your tummy feels like when I read this post. It is so exciting to feel them kick and know that you are going to get to know them soon. I am so excited for you. You are going to love having a little girl.