Saturday, March 27, 2010

Getaway

I have been wanting to "getaway" for a while. I am having such a hard time with my job and being pregnant and life and cleaning and you know the drill.

So a few months ago, I started planning for Jared's birthday that we would "getaway" His birthday is during spring break, so it seemed like the most logical time to do so.

Also (and I am slightly ashamed to admit this) Kroten is almost TWO and he has never spent a night away from mom and dad. Seeing that in about 4 months, he will have to spend a few days without us while we are in the hospital, it was HIGH TIME that he try a few nights at grandma's house. So we did just that, shipped k-man to grandma's and "got away"

we went to Newport. It is on the coast and it was AWSOME. Our camp site was right on the beach and the weather was fantastic. I loved every single tiny minute of it.

Photobucket
It doesn't just look like he is moving out, it felt like he was. I may or may not have bawled when I said goodbye.

Photobucket
We were super excited that our name was posted on our campsite. How neat. Corney, I know, but it felt like they were waiting for us. :)

Photobucket
This was the trail to the beach, and it was literally right by our campsite. What a view.

Photobucket
We went to the yaquina head light house. We didn't go up because the line was really long and I was tired so it was just nice to see the outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket
And of course, we went crabbing. Jared is slightly obsessed with the sport now, so we will be going lots now.

Photobucket
Jared and his big catch. We were catching Red Rock Crabs. Apparently they are tastier than dungenous but a lot harder to eat, the shells are a lot harder and they shatter instead of crack. Jared didn't like it as much as the normal Oregon coast crab.

Photobucket
And this is what I did while Jared did all the stinky, hard work. I sat and ate my cadberry eggs. YUM. To make me sound a little less lazy, I am not allowed to pull up or throw in the crab pots cause I don't have a licence. So that is my excuse for not helping.

Photobucket The sunset was very pretty. I really really liked Newport.

Photobucket


Highlights of the trip:
-Our airmatress going completely flat
-two trips to wal-mart. I LOVE WALMART
-crabbing
-sleeping in a tent
-waking up by ourselves, not to a baby yelling mommy
-talking to my little kman on the phone and hearing him say I love you after almost 5hours being apart
-eating lunch at the brewery and being carded only to tell them that we are not ordering alcohol, but the food was most excellent
-walking on the beach
-finding agates
-eating spaghetti by the fire
-being with my hubby, no distractions and no obligations
-walking a quarter mile to the bathroom while you are 6 months pregnant
-Shopping at the outlet malls
-spending too much money at the outlet malls
-maybe, just maybe, figuring out the new baby's name??
-celebrating Jared's birthday
-not carrying my camera around like a member of the paparazzi
-getting wind burnt on my cheeks
-seeing my kman after almost 3 days apart

9 comments:

Kristen Moss said...

This is Jared and I dont think that it is bad to have not spent a night away from Kroten. That is why we had him, to be with him. I love that little guy.

BECKY said...

Um I love this post. Happy, happy, happy. Will you be leaking the name of your little girl before birth?

Margaret said...

You went to Beverly Beach?! My favorite campsite on the beach by far! And you went to the south pier in Newport to crab right? We love doing that too.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a great post! Makes me think Steve and I need a little outing to ourselves also. I don't know who we would leave Raleigh with though! Maybe we'll ship him to Oregon, lol. Anyways, don't even tease about the name, you meanie : )

PS that big suitcase made me tear up, what a big brave boy!

Ging said...

Oh- this is all so good. I am so happy for you and at the same time completely, 100% GREEN with envy. I miss the Oregon coast so much it hurts me. Really

quincy said...

Looks like a great time! I'm with Jared, I have never spent a night away from my girls and don't plan to for a long time! I really enjoy your blog. You take such great pics.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a fun trip. I am jealous. I love the picture of you "supporting" his sport. You guys are too cute.

Kirsten said...

Its good to get away every once and a while without the kiddos (or kid:o)
Happy Birthday Jared!!!! Glad you guys had such a great time.

Amanda said...

I had never spent a night away from Evie until I was in the hospital having Charlotte. It was much harder than I thought it would be. What a big guy, pulling his own little suitcase!

Beautiful pictures, as usual.