Sunday, January 31, 2010

a steal of a deal

Your gunna wanna read this. TRUST ME.

I have other things to post, but this is very timely and you need to know this NOW! So I am going to put off telling you wonderful things just so that you can read this and get a steal of a deal and boost your food storage too. WHAT A GREAT DEAL!

I don't normally shop at Albertsons, for the sole purpouse that the other day their grapes were $4.99/LB. Yes I said that correctly $4.99/lb. Ridiculous. Ok, the grapes are not the only reason, but they represent a much bigger problem, Alberstons is far to expensive for my taste, any ones taste for that matter. Who would buy grapes for $4.99/lb? I hope those grapes rotted.

Ok so back on track... my mom told me that they were having an awsome sale, which i beleved, they usually come through with their sales, so we went. OMGoodness you will never beleive what I got...

Photobucket

My bill rang in $188.00 and the checker entered in my perfered card phone number which is actually my parents card number, I am too lazy to get my own FREE perfered card. The computer went tick tick tick for litterally two minutes and when it was done, my bill was $68.00. that is $120.00 saved. I bought $188 dollars worth of groceries for $68 dollars. That means that I would have spent three times what I did if it had not been on sale. Granted I would not have bought the quantity I did of each item, but if they are items that I regularly purchase, and they are, over the space of time that I would have bought them, I would have spent three times the amount that I did. The checker told everyone he saw in the next 3 minutes that I was there paying "this lady just saved $120.00. That is the biggest savings I have ever seen."

Photobucket

So stock up and save is a GREAT motto.

So what did I buy, and what should you be running to albertsons right now to go buy?

Select Quaker Cereals - $1.00 per box (when you buy 5)
Quaker Oatmeal - $1.00 per box (when you buy 5)
Chewy Granola Bars (Kroten's fav) - $1.00 per box (when you buy5)
{you can mix and match all the quaker stuff}
Select Post Cereals - $1.00 per box (when you buy 4)
Ragu - $1.00 each (when you buy 2) {With coupon}
Orville Redenbaucher Pop Corn - buy one, get one FREE and get two 2 liter bottle of soda FREE.
Milk - $1.99/gallon (when you buy 2)

And there were other things that we didnt buy too. Check the add before you go.

{Overheard while loading my cart FULL of Peanut Butter Crunch} We were looking at all the cereal and a couple walked by all the stuff and they were buying a few of the things off the shelf and the man was like "hey if we get 5 then they are only a buck each." (keen observation) and this is what his lady friend said... (I WAS APPAULED) "We don't need five boxes. What are we going to do with five boxes?" My jaw dropped and my mind started to do the math... She is willing to pay $3.50 for ONE box of cereal when she could pay $1.50 more and get 4 more boxes. What are you going to do with them, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THEM? UHHH.... eat them??? I could not beleive my ears.

This is serious stuff people. If you are interested in starting or adding to your food storage, this is a great time to do it. A couple boxes of cereal, some oatmeal and granola bars, how about some spaghetti sauce, these are all EXCELENT things to store away for a stormy day. We will deffinitly be using them. Don't forget to rotate them. We are not going to save them for a 2020 dissaster, but atleast we have a little stored incase something happens, like heaven forbid I eat the last bowl of peanut butter crunch before jared gets to it.

Photobucket See even Kroten J is happy about it. Or maybe it was that I didn't get to cook dinner because of our trip to Albertsons, so he got french fries.

Sale ends TUESDAY Febuary 2nd. SO GO!!!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Kristen! Have you started couponing too? Gotta love getting a good deal!!

Gina Hurst said...

Kristen, I hate to tell you, but you are getting OLD! Your are excited about food shopping, thats a nice of old age!

Ashlee said...

LOVE it! I am trying to get into couponing but I like that you didn't cut out one coupon! I too use my parents phone# for my albertson;s card :) Thanks for the heads up!!!

Lemme said...

wow!!! that's crazy insane...im such a coupon clipper...it's funny.

i hate when people refer to me as "lady" makes me feel so old!

Lakes are Great said...

way to go! i love walking into our garage and having a real live cereal isle right before my very eyes!

Ashley Asbjornsen said...

Yea, we did this too ! Once I added some coupons and albertons doublers I got lots of things for free !! Do you follow any coupon blogs? You should it's totally addicting. I like you am lazy and don't get my free membership, I generally use Lindsery carpenters or Liz schultz parents home number, how lame am I , Ha !

rachel said...

albertsons comes through every so often... looks like it's that time again. thanks for the heads up.

BECKY said...

Way to go!

Sanders Family said...

I did this too!!! It really was too good of a deal to pass up!

Sam and Josh said...

After I read this post I had crazy dreams about buying all of the ragu at albertsons, and having a wedding there. Really Crazy!!!