Monday, December 01, 2008

Tree Tradition

Jared and I have started a tradition that we would like to continue with our family every year, and that is to go up to the mountains and cut down a Christmas tree. FRESH IS BEST!!! This year, since we are moving, we didn't get a tree, sad I know, but we went up to the snow anyway. Our neighbors ended up cutting a tree down, so we got to live vicariously through their experience. We had tons of fun saying farewell to the snow... hopefuly for good.
Kroten looked so cute all bundled up in his snow suit, I just couldn't help but take a million pictures of him.

Jared tried feeding Kroten some snow so that he could get the full experience before we move. I don't think he cared too much. He will eat anything you put within 5 inches of his face.

Our friend Chad is kind of a gun nut. Jared was excited, it just means he gets to play. I am glad, becuase I think it gave Jared his gun fix, and maybe now he will stop asking for one.
I even shot the gun a couple of times.
Dont I look SOOO excited??

Our friend Abbie really likes Kroten, unfortunately he is getting stranger anxiety and doesn't like her as much. He was okay by this point.

The roads were clear enough to drive all the way up to Mesa Falls. It was so pretty in the snow.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Kroten's hair is such a fabulous shade of red! These snow pictures really bring out the color. I'm so excited to see him in person. :-)

BECKY said...

Oh my heck, Kroten is SO FLIPPING CUTE!!! You guys make cute babies. :) I see SO much of Jared in Kroten in the second picture of him! And hooray for getting out of Rexburg, but I feel like you're moving to the other end of earth!

Deidra Smith said...

Looks like a lot of fun. But if your husband is like any other guy that likes guns I wouldn't count on him not asking for one anymore. My husband doesn't like to hunt and would still love to have a few guns. BTW I keep forgetting to ask if you need boxes for the big move. We have a bunch still. Let me know if you want them.

Faith Penningtons said...

Where are you guys moving to? Here is my blogspot btw.... http://faith-and-scott-pennington.blogspot.com/

Hobbs Family said...

Your Christmas tree adventure sure looked fun. Isn't it so fun to share these experiences with your kid for the first time! Hey did you guys still need a place to stay on your way to Oregon? Let me know! My e-mail is gillianehobbs@gmail.com!

Ande said...

Kristin! I am SO glad I ran into you today! I have thought about you so many times since winter semester! Kroten is ADORABLE!!! (Also...I'm glad I finally know his name!) His hair is the BEST! Love it! As excited I am for you to get to leave Rexburg and go to your lovely OR. I'm sad because now we can't have our fondue night! Thanks for the blog address!