Monday, December 22, 2008

Were movin' on.

It's true, we have left Rexburg for greener pastures. Granted, we will miss craigos, the temple on the hill, the friends we have made, our gigantic bathtub, and inevitably school, but Eugene is beautiful, it hasn't stopped raining since we got here, the trees are green not brown and the roads are black not white, and I have seen more hippies in one week than I saw in three years in Rexburg. At times I feel like I have died and gone to heaven and then I am snapped back into reality when I remember that we are currently living with my parents. yes, so far we are living with the fam. Not the most ideal situation, but I am grateful that we are able to save a little money before getting our own place, which will hopefully be in a few weeks.

Jared with his moving truck, he was pretty proud to be moving his family. I think the truck made him feel like a man. He is wonderful.

The move was an interesting feat, we went an average of 30 miles an hour the whole way, and it took us 78 hours to drive a 12 hour stretch of country. It was a blizzard most of the way, and we drove the budget truck over the mountain with no chains. Alas, we are alive and where we are supposed to be. We have been blessed and everything has worked in our favor.
You can barely see it but in both of these pictures you can see the Budget truck. The snow was horrible.

Stopping over night wasn't too bad, we got to go swimming one night.

This is the mark we left on rexburg before we left. they are statues of us waving good-bye to our rexburg friends.


So long Rexburg... The moss family is moving on.

5 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

the roads look crazy bad! Good thing you guys got home in one piece! Are you guys planning on getting a house in Eugene? or an apartment?

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Glad you guys made it safe!

Faith Penningtons said...

I am so glad that you guys made it safe and sound. I'm also glad you get to see your hippies. I love hippies. (I have a little...okay a lot of hippie in me!) I would love to live/visit the Oregon area for that reason alone. Oh and they say it's pretty beautiful too.

Eric and Jessica said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe it took that long, how did Kroten do? Did you make it to Boise the first night? I thought about you guys Tuesday and thought you had to be there already, when did you get there?
Merry Christmas!!!

Deidra Smith said...

Kade noticed your snowmen and wondered if they were from you guys. So I guess he got the message. Good luck with the next phase of your lives!