Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Our "Romantic" Anniversary Weekend ;)

For our two year anniversary, Jared was taking me to Boise for a fruit festival. I thought this was an excellent idea since I have been craving fruit like crazy. When we got to the hotel we were staying at, I was confused at the sign outside the room that said "family sweet." Upon entering the room, I was surprised with a baby shower, and some of my favorite people in the whole world. WOW, what an amazing present. This was especially wonderful, because I was sure that I was not going to get a shower with this particular crowd. I am so blessed, and so grateful for bestest friends and a wonderful husband. Sammy J planned it and is the greatest best friend a girl could ask for.

This whole bottle thing is a lot harder than it looks, no wonder babies are always crabby. This is one of the games we played, Karie Cheated! :)


Ok, so it wasn't romantic, and there wasn't a festival with fruit, but it was great. And I can't believe how loved I am, this is going to be the luckiest most loved baby ever. I think he enjoyed all the belly rubbing!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

What a wonderful surprise. Glad that you had such a "romantic" time.

Lakes are Great said...

Hey guys...I used to know Jared back in the day and came across your blog while I was reading Kirsten's...congrats on everything!
Jessie Lake

BECKY said...

What a sweet, sweet surprise!!!

JessicaRindy said...

Haha two surprise showers in a row! Oh and I knew about that one too :) Congrats, hope you had fun! And Happy Anniversary!!

Teresa said...

What fun! I'm glad that you posted so many photos. It was fun for me to see so many familiar faces. Good for you, Kristen. You guys deserve a lot of celebrating!

Anonymous said...

Kristen! I had so much fun getting presents for moss Jr!! I would drive to bosie a million times more just to see the look on your face when you saw all of us!!! Rubbing your belly was way fun too!! I can't wait to see the baby!! Josh and I miss you guys so much everyday!! I love you!!