Saturday, May 24, 2008

D-Day.

Now What?
Julie Andrews said it best when she said...
"I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad."
I definitely think she knew what she was talking about. So today as the countdown hit zero, I could have been thinking "WHEN IS THIS BABY COMING?" instead I was trying to focus on my favorite things.
1. Time with my husband.
2. Crepes with strawberries and whip cream.
3. An hour of long over due phone time with my bestest friend Sammy J.
4. Chocolate Brownie Thunder Ice Cream.
5. A bubble bath.
6. Nectarines and pineapple.
7. Movies.
8. Chicken parmesan at Olive Garden.
The last supper as our Friend Eric so sacrilegiously put it.


Ok so my favorite things don't sound as good to music as Julie's favorite things, but it sure does make a really good Due Date (or D-day as Jared called it.)

I have been assured by several sources that he will come, he can't stay in there forever.

On a different note, Jared, our handy man put in the car seat today. What a great daddy he will be.

4 comments:

rachel said...

I was 6 days late with my first. Good luck with labor! It's GOT to be coming soon.
Keep us updated...

Anonymous said...

you better teach jared how to use blogger cause you got me obsessed and now i check yours like every day! You better be updating us day by day! lol!

Introspective Steph said...

aww, you def picked the best guy (besides my husband of course). I am excited for you guys. Rob and i are trying to have a baby...so i'll keep you guys updated on that! How's the Parenting Magazine...have you found it useful/enjoyable?? I think i'll subscribe when i'm expecting. What are the names you picked out again... I can't remember. Good luck!

BECKY said...

A CARSEAT! Oh man, things are starting to look real....!

Good luck sister. Has your doctor said he'll induce you?