Saturday, May 17, 2008

Its summer... FINALLY.

So I am sure you all know, and if you don't you will now, that I truly despise living in Idaho, and in particular Rexburg. But today I had my first glimmer of hope, that all is well. It was absolutely beautiful. I am loving summer. I feel particularly inclined to enjoy it for two reasons.
One, we have waited, might I add semi patiently, for a long time.
Two, it is very possible that this could be the last weekend to enjoy a sunny filled saturday like we did today, as a couple with no children and no distractions.

Let me recap the wonderful day for you.

1. Sleep In- A little tidbit of info about us that you may not have known, we don't know how to sleep in. In fact if we make it to 7 o'clock on a saturday we consider that sleeping in. But 9:15 was a record for us. And I will admit although I really do enjoy the longer days and seeing the morning sun, sleeping in for once was nice, also something we may never have the opportunity to do really soon.

2. Watch The Office- HAHA. We love the office.

3. Go to the park- It was way to nice to stay inside all day. So we went to shoot some hoops and lay in the wonderful sunshine.

4. Eat Ice cream cones- Does this really need an explanation of how blissful it was. Just know that it was good.

5. Wash the Car- Well Jared washed the car, there are few things that he loves more than his clean shinny car, don't worry, I do make that list.















I did this while he washed the car...
So it was a wonderfully beautiful day that we thoroughly enjoyed.

As I said before, this could be our last weekend without a baby. I don't think that I have officially said on the blog yet that the doctor moved our due date to the 24th, apparently that is what he has been going off of the whole time. That is next Saturday, as in 7 days from now. I think he is right though, I have gradually been noticing different things that would lead me to believe it is all really happening, and soon. I am pretty sure that he has dropped, my hips hurt, and I can breath!!! The contractions have been getting stronger, and even painful at times. They are still pretty irregular so were not in labor yet, but soon. So as for this beautiful weekend, we have been so blessed to spend it together, what a perfect way to end the honeymoon ;). I think Heavenly Father knew that I really needed a sunny day with my husband before he sent us this bundle of joy.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Okay you will be kicking yourself that you haven't been sleeping in all of these years when this baby comes. That is so exciting that he is coming and any time now. Glad you had such a wonderful day and get lots of R&R and ice cream. Love you guys!!!

Douglas said...

So as you know Ms. Kristen, Ben went to the Doctor the other day and he found out that he is in the 50th percentile for height, weight and HEAD SIZE!!!! My son has a perfectly normal head size and is not big headed in any way shape or form. Your kid on the other hand will soon be born with a head that makes him look like you have an Orange on a toothpick! Your kids head is going to be so big that when you leave the grocery store they are going to ring you up a charge for a Mylar balloon and the helium that goes with it. Good luck with labor! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No really, good luck I hope it all goes well with you and your big headed kid.

BECKY said...

Yay for a happy weekend! And I'm so excited to hear that you're thinking labor is coming soon... I can't wait to see him and finally hear his name!!! (It had better be good after all this time!)

Good luck this week!

DaNae said...

I am so excited for you to pop that baby out!! Enjoy just being the 2 of you for a couple more days.

JessicaRindy said...

Oh great now I feel guilty that we asked you guys to babysit! Guess your day wasn't 100% baby-free :) We owe you big! Thanks again!

Meliss said...

You're funny Kristen. I loved the comment you left me about not being able to move your elbows! I hear that there are some really good yoga & pilates dvd's for pregnancy- but I think it's a little late for that. :) Have you and Jared done any lamas classes?