Friday, November 05, 2010

gratitude {day 5}

Today I am grateful for wise friends and our different view points and oppinions and the courage to share.

This morning, Kroten woke up at 6:30 am. It was still dark for crying out loud! I was ok, for once, with getting up with him and we went into the living room and watched curious george on PBS. Sounds pleasent right... then he threw up all over me. It is funny how kids do that... they think, "I am not feeling good" and then they lean over you, as though leaning over you is going to make it go away, and then... I am sure you can picture the rest of the story.

I could have been so mad at this situation, like usual, but not even ten minutes before, I was reading a friends blog. She has not been able to have children of her own thus far in her marriage and she wrote about how she would endure all the challenges of pregnancy and all the tantrums in the world to care for one of these precious spirits. You will be a fantastic mother!

because of her blog post, I was able to calmly take care of k man and the whole situation was ok. If it weren't for her blog post, this situation could have been a horrible disaster!

4 comments:

Deidra Smith said...

Hey can you send me your favorite 2-3 pics of Kemiry as well as an updated family photo. (I stole the bumble bee one from your blog:) I need them for that family video that I'm putting together. Thanks!
darjree@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

no puke picture!!! :P

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Ah yes, Sam comes and says "Mommy Mommy" so pitifully that I pick him up and he throws up all over me.

Anonymous said...

Just know that you are amazing and I can only hope that someday I will be a awesome mother like you are to Kroten and Kemiry.