Sunday, November 07, 2010

gratitude {day 7}

I am grateful for this experience...

At Time Out For Women, Kem was an angel. She sat in the front pack and slept most of the time. I got to listen to a lot of speakers and got more out of the weekend than I ever expected. At one point during the conference, Kem had had enough of the front pack and, she didnt want to eat, she didnt want to sleep, all she wanted to do was lay on a blanket on the floor and kick and play. My first reaction to this was, "come on kem, I am missing the speakers." but almost imeadeatly, this thought left my mind and I thought I am so grateful for the time that I have had already, for the things that I have learned already and I truely have been blessed with a wonderful baby who has let me listen thus far.

WHAT??? Hold the phone... did Kristen Moss, the pessimist just really think this thought!!!

But I did, and guess why, because I have been being grateful. Can you beleive it, after just one week of really trying to find the beautiful and great things about my life, it is spilling over into my daily thoughts. I am so happy for this. It made my experience so much better. Maybe I will try this optimism thing, maybe?

Hillary weeks was just one of the AMAZING speakers and she said this... "gratitude helps us to see the hand of our Lord in places we wouldn't normally be able to see it."

BAM... it is so true, I am living proof.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that. I am so jelous that you guys got to go, but im glad you guys had a wonderful time. it was well deserved. :)

Introspective Steph said...

that's great that you saw the positive! I've noticed since i've started my gratitude series i've been doing the same!

quincy said...

I'm loving your gratitude posts. Much needed over here! I am so excited to go to Time Out For Women. Leo and I are going to SLC in a couple of weeks.

Katie said...

Oh man I am so jealous that you went to Time Out for Women, that is like mommy heaven. Anyways, I will try not to be jealous and just be happy for you. I am so glad you got to go and enjoy it!! Its amazing how even just one short week can change your (my) attitude, life is good!! Love ya!

BECKY said...

love the t.p. one.
i love these posts!

ibshell said...

LOVE IT! And no...it is not oh so very hard to believe that about you!