Friday, November 12, 2010

gratitude {day 12}

Today I am truly grateful for photography.

Photobucket

Not photography itself, not even photography as an art form. I am not grateful that it was invented, or that I (if I might say so myself) am pretty good at it. I am grateful that I have been so blessed with photography.

Heavenly Father knows each of us, and he knew that at this particular point in my life, I was going to need a confidence boost and an hour or two a week away from my kids. So he gave me photography. He knew I wasn't going to be perfect at it, so he gave us the means to buy a really nice camera. He knew that I have no idea how to get clients, so he gave me church and lots of people who want pictures. He knows that I live in Oregon, and he has given me enough nice days to take the pictures I need to. (sorry if your praying for rain, He is answering my prayers right now!) He knows that I need something to make me feel good about myself and like I actually, maybe, possibly have a talent. He knew that so he blessed me with this one.

I never, ever look at one of my pictures and think, "man I am good" without first thanking the man upstairs, I would be nothing with out his hand in it all!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Katie said...

You ARE so good!! I'm glad I took some photo classes at BYUI because even though I know I will never be a pro photographer, I made a great friend!! Love ya : )

Amanda said...

If this were a facebook post I would "like" it.

:)

DaNae said...

You are so talented! I did my first shoot tonight and it was haaard! A fan with a one year old. I wish I lived close so you could tutor me. What lenses do you use when you shoot?

quincy said...

You are amazing! I LOVE the picture of us and can't wait to see them all. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents with so many. I'm blessed to call you my friend.

Ging said...

I am grateful for this post. There are some truths in it which I can share. I am also grateful for gratitude it keeps us safe. It is good to see what you've been up to and that you are still provoking good thoughts.