Friday, April 02, 2010

"moom"...

...otherwise known as BOOM.

That is what Kroten has been saying since it happened.

I was stopped at a stop light. One of those ones where you are still 100 yards from the light, backed up in traffic, and you know even if the light turns green you are still going to get stopped by the next red on the same traffic light, still on the same street, still behind a good handful of cars. I looked in my review mirror and thought, she isn't stopping... next thing I know... BOOM!

It is ironic because just two days ago, Jared and I were saying how we haven't been in a car accident since we got married. We were gloating at how WONDERFULLY our car has behaved over the last 4 years and how we have been SO blessed that it is still so good to us. Recently the car has needed a little work and I said JOKINGLY, wouldn't it be nice to get in an accident that would pay for all the repairs. HA!!! Unfortunately, this accident won't fix all the repairs, just the back bumper that was perfectly fine before the boom.

Anywho... we are OK... or as Kroten said the rest of the way to our destination... OK? OK? OK? Because I had repeatedly asked him "are you ok?" He merrily went on eating his oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and said moom! and saury! which I later figured out meant scary.

I am glad he is "OK?" because I love him, and something happening to him would be the worst possible outcome of a car accident. I am truly, truly grateful for that blessing. Thank heavens for car seats, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and the word OK?.

10 comments:

Older Moss said...

Pictures??? This is the kind of stuff, dad should find out via phone call and not via blog!

Deidra Smith said...

I agree that is "Saury". Glad to hear you are all fine. Good thing that baby is wrapped in such a nice cacoon as well. We can be thankful for all of that extra water weight when we think of the nice cushion it gives our sweet little babies.

Katie said...

Ahh! I think I would kill someone if they hit me and Ral! I sure hope you slapped her, lol! Glad you guys are "Ok" though... phew!

Margaret said...

So scary.

Glad you are ok!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that both of you are ok. I had the same thing happen on the way to work on chambers. It was at 5am and the guy totaled my car. He had no insurance or license. Again, I am so happy you guys are ok.

BECKY said...

Ugh. Crashes are the worst. :( Hope you're not having any whiplash or anything.

Jackie said...

Glad to hear you guys are okay!

Ging said...

Oh dear. I, like others dislike car accidents, but the worst are being hit from behind. I have a plate in my neck from that Eugene experience. Which light was it? So glad you are all OK?

coycoy said...

I'm happy you guys are ok! I would be so scared having Lincoln in the car if something like that would happen. So much scarier when you have your child with you!

Kirsten said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok. Kroten is sooooooo cute.