Sunday, February 21, 2010

valentines weekend

Last year for valentines day weekend, we went to the coast with my family. We had so much fun that I wanted to go again this year. I am so glad we did, it was a ton of fun. Spending valentines day with you parents is not very romantic, but tons of fun. It was an awsome weekend. I didnt get any pictures of karly or my mom, I dont knwo where they were all weekend. maybe hiding from the camera?

Photobucket

Photobucket
don't be mistaken, that is not a mallow, that is a mushroom, Jared just couldnt wait for the shishkabobs to be done, so he roasted his mushroom over the fire.

Photobucket

Photobucketkroten and I in front of our yurt. We love yurts.

Then we went crabbing... It was so cool. we will deffinitly be going again.
Photobucket
Kroten was not happy about wearing this oversized life vest. He couldnt walk and he was pouting. we decided to stay on the upper dock, so we eventually let him take it off.

PhotobucketThis is how you throw the crab pot in.

PhotobucketThis is apparently how you pull it out, 15 min after you throw it in. the struggling "I have no arm muscle" face is not required.

PhotobucketThis is what crabs look like. They were GROSS... just like big hard shelled spiders.


PhotobucketThis little guy was too small.

Photobucket
Kroten did not like the crab. Allthough he was really good at saying crab and making pinchers with his fingers all weekend.

Photobucket

PhotobucketThen K man warmed up and wanted to help. He loves gloves.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketHe really warmed up to it.


Then we went to the beach. Gorgeous!
Photobucket


Photobucket
I love this picture. I think it should be an add for balckberry, something about 3G coverage. "your covered from sea to shining sea." LOL.


Photobucket
please note that we have been camping for two days at this point!!


Then we played baseball on the beach. Loved it.
Photobucket

PhotobucketJared really wants you to notice this kids form, apparently this is how you would throw a curve ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket and this is us trying to teach kroten to run the bases. Deffinitly something we need to work on this summer.

and one shot just cause it was valentines day! I do love him.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man I love all these pictures!! What is a yurt by the way? lol, looks like super fun weekend!!

Karen said...

Great pictures! That comment is getting a bit redundant on your blog but there it is. I'll work on something fresh and new. I too loved the one with your dad. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

I would like to note that most of the pictures taken (starting with the blackberry one down) were taken by me. lol. cure kris :D

Eve'n'Steven Hurst said...

Nice blog.
Nice weekend.
We really did enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I am jealous. I love the Oregon coast and haven't seen it for almost 3 years. Next time we go home we need to visit even if it is December.

BECKY said...

Looks like the best weekend ever! LOVE all the pics! The first pic of the three of you on the beach is SO great. I think I want to spend V's Day with you next year. :)

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

I love this post! So much fun stuff! Crabbing looks fun, except my body tends to reject crab so it probably wouldn't be worth doing except for the experience. I love the beach shots!

Kirsten said...

Such great pics and what fun. I want to go next year, please!!! I'm fun too he he.

rachel said...

I agree. The pic of your dad SHOULD be a BB ad. NICE.

Margaret said...

FUN!

We love crabbing. Kids do too!