Friday, February 26, 2010

better late than never.

I know, I know, I am horrible for not posting about Christmas. and I know that it is probably more horrible that I am posting it in almost March, I almost decided to just scrap it, but Jared wouldn't let me. It has been a rough couple months OK, give me a break. I have used that excuse for why I haven't done my visit teaching, why I dont want to work anymore and why the laundry still isn't folded. It has been a rough couple of months, get off my back. :)

Now that I have that out in the open...
Merry Christmas 2009 - Chicago.

Christmas morning...
Photobucket

Photobucket

the whole gang on Christmas morning...
Photobucket

Carol got rock band for Christmas, we spent most of the rest of our time there playing it. I was horrible...
Photobucket

Snow, snow and more snow...
Photobucket

We went to Chicago and had to get Chicago deep dish pizza. It was really good at the time, but looking back, I would rather have little ceasers...
Photobucket

after pizza we went to the shed aquarium. It was really neat, but super crowded. It must have been Christmas break or something...
Photobucket

New years eve...
Photobucket

Chicago temple. It was really dark, so these pictures didn't turn out to good, but at least we captured it. It was a really nice temple, I liked it...
Photobucket

I could write a novel on our trip, but I will just give you the highlights...

-the nasty red eye flight (never again)
-bubbly baths everyday
-yummy home cooked meals everyday
-throwing up at least once a day
-everyone except Jared and Kroten getting pukey sick
-foot and back massages C/O Carol
-pedicures C/O Ali
-Chicago pizza
-people to play with Kroten while I threw up
-Chicago Temple
-the aquarium
-lots of AWESOME presents
-visiting with family
-shopping
-BBQ'in in the dead of winter
-Sadie dog
-losing miserably at SEQUENCE every night
-getting tired, cranky and inevitably angry after losing sequence every night. (I am so glad that you guys are getting to know me and you can except my tired and cranky phases)
-Carol's throwing up in the grocery store story
-Kroten sleeping in Nana and g pa's room
-two whole weeks off work
-chocolate cream pie, a comfy couch and a movie
-new years eve
-foose ball
-rock band
-snow snow snow and some more snow
-Cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. (even though nobody told me they were for after presents and I dug in before presents. I felt like such an idiot.)
-Ali's nasty fingernail
-downtown Chicago traffic (yuck)
-volleyball
-more people playing with kroten
-gaining 5 pounds (thanks Tammy) :)

And I know I have missed something spectacular, it was an awesome trip, we miss it and had a blast. Can't wait to see you guys again this summer. Hopefully Ali's fingernail is better or else your not touching the baby ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This explains SOOOO MUCH!THIS is what you do during you long hours of work. haha. I love the picture of Carol and Kroten at the pizza place. SO CUTE! I like the new header as well. :D Looks nice Kris.

BECKY said...

Way to go on breaking out the cinnamon rolls... why wait!?

Lemme said...

hey!!! I have a Sadie dog!! funny!!

Amanda said...

Wow, if you're going to do a catch up post, include a few pictures!

Just kidding. It looks like you had an amazing time. I like the way you set up all the pictures. A great way to get a sense of what took place without scrolling through fifty feet of enlarged photos.

Older Moss said...

Its been said before, boy those Moss' have some pretty strange traditions.

Kirsten said...

You know you get no ridicule from me about laundry, posting or any other item in life that you let slide : ) SUCH A AWESOME POST, next time I'm coming, so much fun.