Friday, September 05, 2008

Finding Balance.

I have truly struggled the last three months to find balance in these new roles that I am now supposed to master. It is hard to grasp all the roles at once. Mother, Wife and Kristen. Sometimes I get these roles confused with baby sitter, maid, and selfish. It is hard to take care of Kroten and give him everything he needs when the house needs to be cleaned and I want to spend quality time with my husband. With all of that, forget a shower.

Today I did it. Dont ask me how and dont expect me to do it again, but today I really feel like I filled the roles.

Here is a list of all the things I "accomplished."

Dishes
Worked out
Cleaned the Bathroom (Including the toilet)
striped the bedding to be washed(still needs to be washed, but were on a roll)
read my scriptures
updated the blog
did I already say WORKED OUT!!! (I am proud of this one.)
Made lunch for Jared.
Took care of Kroten
Did a little homework
Called a Baby sitter so Jared and I can go to the temple tomorrow. (This one is a big deal, but that is another story.)
Took a shower
Plucked my eyebrows
finished unpacking from our trip
Cleaned the living room.
Did my hair
and I am about ready to go vacuum

And it is only 5 o' clock.

Again dont ask me how I did it. Most days I am lucky to get one of those things done. take it day by day I guess.

Oh and one more thing I learned today is that life goes on even if you dont watch "What Not to Wear" at 10 am on TLC. It is an interesting and sad epiphany I had that my show doesn't fit into any of those roles that I am trying to balance.

6 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, what a day! I barely ever get all of that accomplished in one day. Way to work out. :)

Alicia said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I know exactly how you feel!!! In fact i did something like that the other day, yesterday in fact. Its so hard to do it all. I feel like you yanked those thoughts out of my head and put them into words better than i could have myself. I felt that way exactly and didnt really know how to describe it. Lol my hubby came home from work and was BLOWN away. But I do something like that like once or twice a week. Im still trying to figure out how to do it all the time. LOL

Kirsten said...

you go girl. It is amazing how having a baby everything takes at least twice as long. I always wonder, what did I used to do with my free time now that I don't have any. Just remember to take your time and cherish Kroten, he will be a big 4 year old before you know it : )

Introspective Steph said...

You could always get a DVR (it's like a Tivo) and record all your fav shows. Taht's what we do!

JessicaRindy said...

The babysitter you never called back even after she told you she could babysit?! LOL I am very proud of you Kristen. Now bring Kroten over here and get your butts to the temple! (Although something about a sentence including the words "temple" and "butt" just doesn't sound right :)

Deidra Smith said...

Way to go. Sounds like you are adjusting just fine. Kroten isn't even that old yet and you had a good day. Don't worry you'll have days like that a little more frequently as he gets older. That is until the next baby. And I've noticed that with each baby it takes me a little longer to get into a routine. So way to go, but don't beat yourself up on the days that you are not superwoman:)