Thursday, August 13, 2015

Maui - Day 6 twin falls and ho'okepa

By day six we felt like we had really done everything we either wanted to do or were told we should do. We still hadn't gone back to the road to Hana to see twin falls. This was a really pretty hike with lots of cool, out of this world plant life and flowers. I will post all the flowers in a different post, but here I will post some of the plants we saw. The craziest plants were the ones that were larger than life. I felt like I was in Jurassic park. 

The falls was pretty and it was super neat to swim under a waterfall. The down side of this site was the amount of people. It was uber crowded and I absolutely hated that. I would go super early next time. I recommend before 8 am. This is The first stop in the road to Hana. 














After swimming under a waterfall, we crossed off number 3 on my list. Sit on the beach and do nothing. 

This time we went to ho'okepa. This is my moms favorite beach so we had to go there. We will definitely add is to our visit again list. If you want to see sea turtles or seals (I guess it is super rare to see a seal, even here) but this is the turtles play ground. We saw several this day and even more when we came back. (Yep we went to this beach twice.)





Then of course we went and got more shaved ice. Don't forget about the ice cream on the bottom. Nom nom nom. 


We saw a rainbow every day while in Hawaii. I guess that is why they have rainbows on the licsence plates. 




No comments: