Friday, May 22, 2009

Sugar Mama

So...We got married, had Kroten, went to school, I graduated, we moved to Oregon... now what? Since living in a small apartment for the rest of our lives while Jared mows lawns was out of the question, we needed a plan of action. With a little prayer, a dash of faith and a lot of help from our Heavenly Father, we have come to some conclusions and have made some major changes. We feel pretty strongly that Jared needs to finish school and get a real job. So in order to follow through with our new game plan, I needed to use my smarts and college degree to make some money! I honestly can't tell you how, in this economy, (except literally by the grace of God,) I got a job. I will be working at the new hospital in the staffing department, (that is communication right?) What a major blessing. The pay is excellent and it comes with benefits for all three of us. The greatest part is that it will work with Jared's school schedule, granted it is a night shift, but I have so far been able to handle it. Even though I have to stay up all night 3 times a week, we just couldn't pass up a blessing like this. So Jared starts school in the middle of June and will officially assume the title of Mr. Mom, while I take on the roll of (as Jared so lovingly puts it) the Sugar Mama! That's right bringin' in the bacon. Too bad I can't eat bacon, but you get my weak metaphor, right?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome you guys!! That is so great that you found a job out there that works for you Kristen! Exciting! Good luck in school Jared!

Introspective Steph said...

That's exciting! congrats on finding a job! I believe the job market is about 10X better on the WEst coast than in the MidWest where we are...because of the car economy. But, either way...it's a huge blessing to have a job during these times!!! What's jared going to major in? Last I heard he was working on cabinetry...and that was in Idaho...lol. He should major in carpentry...then you guys could get a house and then he could do all the wood working and do the inspection...for the house...good idea??? lol. It's a huge blessing when one person only has to work! let me know how the job is...through your blog!!!

Deidra Smith said...

Good luck on the new job. And even more luck to you on the new schedule. I hope the job turns out to be just what you need.

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, that's great! I'm glad it all worked out for you. That's such a crazy schedule! I'm glad you're able to handle it. Good luck with school and work and all of that!

Angie said...

And all this time I just figured you were a professional wedding announcement maker! Sorry, I just really liked mine:)

Congrats on the job. I was looking for a job back in the day, but I got content with making babies (plus I couldn't find one). Good luck with the new schedule!

Lemme said...

that's cool! congratz!!! gotta love putting the honey through school...i guess the outcome is worth it in the end!!