Saturday, May 09, 2009

Playing with cakes.

So I really want to make a cool cake with fondant frosting for Kroten's birthday, but I am terribly afraid of failing, so I made a cake today to test out my fondant making skills. It went better than I thought it would. I made all the fondant myself and decorated a little cake for a party we are going to tonight. It isn't as cute as I would like, but I am definitely proud of my first attempt.

If it looks like I just woke up in these pictures, it is because I did... sorry.

It was very sticky at first, this is the kneading process.


Jared adding crumb frosting to the cake so it is extra YUMMY.

Kroten helped by eating the powdered sugar that fell on the floor.


It looks like play dough, but it is really frosting.


putting the fondant on the cake.


The finished product. It is pink and green, it looks red in this picture but it is not, it is not a christmas cake.


ok, this picture makes it look like pepperoni and green peppers, it looks way better in real life. I dont care I am really excited at how it turned out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It did turn out super good. Way to go. I am impressed!

Deidra Smith said...

I think it is really cute, good job!

BECKY said...

I think it looks fab. Great job! Can't wait to see his cake and the festivities you choose!

Um, AAAAAAAWESOME job on canning meat. I want to do that.

Angie said...

I am quite impressed. Especially since I see fondant as one of those mysteries of the universe.

PS. I totally want red kitchen walls some day. Jealous.

Anonymous said...

OOH! Do you want to do my wedding cake? whenever that might happen.

Meliss said...

Hey Kristen! I just wanted to say that I think you look so GREAT in these pictures! You're slimming down so fast. :) Anyway, see you in a few weeks!