Monday, January 12, 2009

Bright Lights Big City

We took my brother and Sister-in-law up to the airport in portland and decided to stay for the weekend. We had a ton of fun roaming the big city. I am in love with the diversity and liveliness of Oregon. I am so glad to be back. There are a lot of pictures, so enjoy.



Karly tipping the man for his hard work entertaining the masses.

Our little family in Portland. Notice how much Kroten enjoyed our day.

Kroten got to meet Ashley, one of my highschool friends who lives in Portland with her husband.

I had fun visiting with her for lunch. It only stoped raining long enough to snap this picture.

My dad bought real live crab from some chineses market. Jared was a little scared. It was so gross. He put a live crab in bowling water. YUCK!!! I think Jared thought it was going to pinch off his fingers.

Kroten used a big boy stroller.


And my favorite part of the trip was this cool (kinda creepy) doughnut shop that we went to called Voodoo doughnuts.

My dad did the big doughnut challenge. You are supposed to finish it in 90 seconds and they will give it to you for free. About half way through, he decided he wanted to enjoy it so he stopped. I dont blame him, this doughnut was HUGE, and it was delicious. Look how huge that pastry is. I couldnt beleive it.

Jared got a Voodoo doll doughnut.
It was funny.

The little guy had a pretzel sticking in him and jelly filling for blood. Gross but fun. Jared enjoyed himself.

4 comments:

Sam and Josh said...

Yay! I love Portland! You guys look like you had a lot of fun! Some day when none of us are poor anymore we can go to the melting pot!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

They had voodoo doughnut on The amazing race. Sounds like you had a good trip.

BECKY said...

What happy posts! You guys are having a blast! And what the heck it looks like spring up there! Quite a change from snow-laden Rexburg, I'm sure. Kroten is SO cute. His smile melts me. And the Voodoo donut CRACKS me up.

rachel said...

Don't you just love Portland? I grew up there... and miss it.

Where did you guys end up moving to here in town? What ward??