Saturday, January 24, 2009

It was a healthy dissaster.

This is what I wanted to make...
This is what I ended up making...

Lets just say it wasn't the best batch of cookies known to man. I have been trying to make us all eat a little healthier and wanted to try a wheat chocolate chip cookie recipe. I know the chocolate kinda cancels out the wheat... I don't care. It was a dissaster. All the cookies melted together and made a huge mess.

This story has a really happy ending though. I ended up adding some white flour and the turned out pretty good. Actually they were great, Jared even ate them, and LIKED THEM. One for point for me trying to be healthy!!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Good for you making your recipes healthier. Getting chocolate chip cookies to look perfectly baked has always been tricky for me. I would have eaten all three versions of your cookies. Yum!

Deidra Smith said...

Smart to add a little bit of white. That's what I do a lot of times, half and half. By the way this reminds me that I never got a particularly yummy cookie recipe from you. Care to share now?:)

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

My husband has become obsessed with using wheat flour lately. Usually for baking purposes, I've discovered that you do have to use a little white flour or they're just weird. Way to work on the healthiness.

Margaret said...

Someone else said this but I recently read in Whole Living magazing (I think I read it when I was at an appointment) that you can do half whole wheat and half white flour and it turns out good.

They also said to make healthier cookies do these substitutes:
Canola oil (instead of butter)
Brown-rice syrup (instead of syrup)

Also they recommend adding nuts for their good amino acids and ability to lower cholesterol.

Thought that might be helpful!

Lakes are Great said...

Have you ever tried applesauce chocolate chip cookies?? They are the bomb...we love them at least. Nothing compares to the real deal but when I'm trying to make myself feel a little bit healthier applesauce is the way to go!