Saturday, March 26, 2011

he said a bad word.

He said a very bad word.

Right there, in the bra department of kohls... every single insecurity that I have about motherhood came bubbling to the surface, I wanted to cry. 

Suddenly I didn't see my cute giggly red headed two year old. I saw a punk teenager with piercing, making all sorts of bad decisions, heading down the path of destruction. The kind of kid you look at and say, "where is that boys mother?"

I am right here. What did I do wrong?

How on earth did my innocent little boy learn such a horrible worldly thing? I wanted to pick him up run out of that department store and go live in a cave and raise him to be a sheltered boy who knows no evil. 

I never want to see him make bad choices. How am I going to send him to school? How am I going to let him grow up? I keep thinking that I shouldn't have had kids just so I could avoid this kind of thing. 

Buddy, please don't grow up. If you really really have to grow up, can you please be a good boy and make good choices? And please don't swear, cause I will wash your mouth out.  

I love you!



10 comments:

ErinandShane said...

Well written, full of emotion (especially with your new song that plays now). Just remember children have to learn their boundaries by testing them-you can do it!

BECKY said...

i so want to know the word now :)

Katie said...

Oh goodness, this post is awesome. Been there before, sista! I'd like to avoid the "making bad choices" phase too : (

Anonymous said...

I love this picture.
It turned out WAY better than i expected. :)
SUPER CUTE!

Introspective Steph said...

So, what's the word? That's what I want to know? And what did you do about it? I remember when I said a bad word...my mom put soap in my mouth.

Margaret said...

I could tell you some funny stories. One about the time I questioned teaching my son to write.

LOL

It gets better if you start them on a good foundation.

{Hugs}

Unknown said...

Consequences, right? I keep trying to remember that it is pretty darn difficult to learn things if we don't make the occasional (or constant) mistakes. The key is consequences so that we really do learn. Just remember he won't progress if he doens't learn. And he can't learn without this life game. So don't stress too much about school, just prepare him and always be super up front with him about what is expected and what the consequences will be (good and bad-consequences doesn't have to be an ugly word:)
You're a great mom-just 'cuz he's being a little mocking bird doesn't prove anything other than the fact that you have to be a good example:) so that he will have a good one to follow amidst all the bad ones.

Older Moss said...

The word was recession!!

Deidra Smith said...

Sorry, that I keep leaving comments under my relief society identitiy:) One of these days I'll remember to check how I'm signed in before I click publish!

bruinjack said...

Who did he learn the bad word from? Put it in a journal for him so that when grows up to be the man you want him to be (I'm sure he will), he won't be too upset when his son or daughter says the same thing to him. At least it wasn't church, right?
-Dani