Friday, September 10, 2010

laboring over the weekend

Ok, there wasn't a ton of laboring, just camping. Lots and lots of camping.

Photobucket family photo-op on the newport crabbing docks.

We started the weekend on wednesday camping at the coast with our besties. I was too lazy (I mean I had two kids two worry about) so I didn't take any pictures, but sammy j did, so you can just go read her awesome post about that part of our camping trip. We had a ton of fun, I love the beach.

Then when that was over, we cam home, did a load of laundry and bathed the children, and then the very same day headed to diamond lake with my fam. Yes, it was crazy and hectic and we didn't get there till 11 pm. But the rest of the weekend was super relaxing and fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

You must know that it was freezing.. litterally FREEZING. This is what we woke up to...
Photobucket
It wasn't just a little frost, the water we had gotten for hot chocolate was frozen through. The waterbottles were frozen and the moss hanging off the trees were ice. IT WAS FREEZING!! Luckily during the day it warmed up so Jared and my dad could go fishing.

Kroten loved papas boat, I think he might be a future fisherman...
Photobucket
He has this kids fishing pole (best $11.95 we have ever spent) and he casts the whole time they are in the boat, no hook, just a little weight, but he thinks he is fishing.

Jared has horrible luck when it comes to fishing, but he keeps trying (mostly because his fishing licence was 35 bucks) but he had a breakthrough this weekend and he caught three fish.

Jared with two of his fish and my dad with one of his...
Photobucket

Kroten was even into helping gut and clean the fish...
Photobucket

I think I may have said it before, but... WE LOVE CAMPING!!!


GROSS...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Katie said...

I really gotta get some of those BIG mallows! We haven't gone camping at all this summer : ( You are so brave to take Kemiry camping so soon, way to go!