Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not even one HOHOHO?

Love, peace, joy, selflesness, friendship... Doesnt Santa represent the savior a little bit. Giving all he has to the people of the world, he knows your name, he is watching you. Isnt santa about something better, hope for goodness, hope for love, hope for anything? I thought santa was jolly and said HOHOHO? Doesnt he ask you what you want for christmas, and tell little boys to be good, wait doesnt he talk to litlte boys?

Not the santa in the Rockford Illinois mall.

I wanted Kroten to see santa so bad. And I wanted Jared's family to see it, so we waited till we got to chicago to go see santa. Unfortunitly that meant going the day before christmas eve, isnt that when everyone goes? YES. We (as in Jared's entire family) waited in line for 2 hours. 2 HOURS! We were first in line when santa went to lunch. We had made it this far, so we waited 30 more minutes. FINALLY it was our turn and the lady told me I could take ONE picture. THAT IS PATHETIC. I think they were all mad that I wasnt paying 40 dollars for them to take the picture. YES $40.

We gave santa a peice of candy so Kroten would not cry. This is what Santa did... Gave Kroten the peice of candy and then imediatly smiled at the stupid photographer. When he realized that they were not taking the picture, he just sat there for a second and then gave kroten back. LAME!!!! I am so mad. Not one word to Kroten. Kroten didnt even look at santa. He didn't pull on his beard, he didn't, tell him he wants a kitty for christmas, he didnt even cry. Maybe that is becuase Santa couldn't care less about my son.

We have been teaching kroten that santa says hohoho for like 2 months now and apparently santa cut that out of his act a long time ago. No one told me.

So even though the santa I know and that my son will know is about love, and compassion, giving and sharing. This santa was all about the 40 bucks time 1000 people in line. Sad that christmas has become about that for so much of the world.

But here for your viewing pleasure is my happy Kroten eating his candy not caring at all about the scary man with a beard who doesnt say HOHOHO.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Emily Slaughter said...

SAD! At least Kroten looks great!

Lemme said...

what an ass of a santa!!!

i remember our freshman year in college, jen and i went to get a pic with santa and he was super creepy. like he kept holding us on his lap and didn't want us to leave. he kept saying, "are you sure you got the perfect shot?" so...at least this santa wasn't a chester (if you know what i mean)

rachel said...

You should've had me with you. I would've given him a piece of my mind for ya! :)

BECKY said...

Sad story but I still think the pic is adorable!