Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All is well...

We have arrived in Chicago with no complications and NO BUG for me. HALLELUJAH

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a great flight and pretty uneventful. It was all night, midnight to 8 AM. Kroten had a hard time sleeping but did pretty well for most of the flight. He was in his own seat for the second flight, which was a heaven send.

Photobucket

We have only been here for half a day and already I feel like a new woman. Life was just getting a little stressful back home and I needed the break. I feel like a spoiled brat here, but I will take it. I will start helping out soon, I just needed one day to reboot.

I have already...
Gotten a hand massage (thanks carol)
watched a corny Christmas movie
eaten a wonderful meal that I didn't have to think about cooking
taken a 3 hour nap (much needed after an all night flight)
taken a bath in my mother in laws ginormous covetous bath tub
ate lots of candy
shaved my legs for probably the first time in 2 months
posted on the blog and its not 2 am (AWESOME)

I feel fantastic. And I have two more weeks of vacation. This is a MUCH MUCH MUCH needed break. And I am more than happy to grace my in laws presence with my son. They think the are playing with him, I think it is babysitting. SHH don't tell them.

I am having a blast, I may never go home.

3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

I didn't know Tammy and Perry are living in chicago (area)... When did they move there?

It's great to have a break! Especially with having a little boy and a big boy...ha ha. I'll soon find out about the little boy part :)

p.s. thanks for the advice...it's always helpful to hear what other mom's have done.

Deidra Smith said...

Sounds divine. I love going home too. My siblings all "play" with my kids too:)

Katie said...

LOL you have some great in-laws!! Gotta love free babysitting haha. Sounds like a great vacation ; )