Monday, December 21, 2009

a bug...

Photobucket

This story may be premature, because I am grateful that something has not happened that still has a good 24 hours to take place. I will explain...

A few days ago, my brother came down with a bug, his son contracted the foulness and proceeded to give it to my son, I blame it on the capri suns they were sharing. THANK GOODNESS it was only a 24 hour bug becuase I don't know what we would do with a baby that is throwing up and has a throbbing headache for much more time than that. It was so sad. He cried so hard and he was confused cause he didnt know what was happening to his little body. I was Tired because this is my long weekend to work so my FANTASTIC husband took care of the scene. Jared would hold Kroten over the bathtub and turn as far away as he could while kroten threw up what seemed like everything he ate for the last month.

So kroten got better and not 12 hours later, Jared got sick. He was pittiful for almost exactly 24 hours. I felt so bad becuase I didnt know what to do and I didnt want to get it so I stayed as far away from my pittiful, poor hubby as possible.

So here is the really great part or really scary part you decide. Earlier tonight, there was less than 24 hours left till we had to be at the airport for our trip to chicago, and I still had to work one more night. So I prayed. I prayed hard, that I would not get this bug. I can only imagine being at work with whatever it is and I cannot even comprehend what it would be like to have this horrible bug while on an 8 hour flight across the country. I was so worried.

Ok so now it is 4:46 AM and I am sitting at work over half way through my shift and I don't feel one ounce of the bug coming on. I could cry and shout praises to my Lord. I am so greatful that I have atleast made it through work without the bug. Now I will continue to pray with all my heart that I don't get it for the flight, and that I don't get it on vacation.

I was sitting here reflecting on this WONDERFUL (so far) situation, and I can't help but be so greatful for my Father in Heaven. He watches me and hears my prayers.

7 hours till our flight leaves... that is 7 hours more that I could get it, and 7 hours more of praying in faith.

Ill let you know what happens.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Where are you going?? I hope the bug is GONE!!!

Katie said...

Oh man, praying for you!! Don't get sick!! And tell Oprah I said hi! lol