Thursday, October 30, 2008

Photography part 3.

I hope you all aren't getting sick of hearing about my mad photography skills, cause here is another post about it.

I entered three of my photos into an art show on campus, two of them made it. But the really really good news is that out of all the photographs entered, I got FIRST PLACE. (Jared said I have to put in that I got 100 bucks for it.) I am honestly surprised. It was another abstract photo, I titled it focus. Isn't that cool, I have a photo with a title.

On a more humble note, I am so grateful that I have been able to get my education. Its not even the degree, that I am so grateful for. It is the experiences and knowledge that I have gained. I would have never learned that I was interested in photography, I would never have made wedding announcements, I would never have figured out that I am absolutely terrible at pottery, or that I love to learn. I have learned so much about myself and my Heavenly Father being here at school. I have felt stressed, excited, overwhelmed, happy, sad, and even depressed at times, and it was all worth it. Lets chalk it up to experience. I say I hate Rexburg, but what a blessing it has been to be here at BYU-Idaho in good ole' Rexburg Idaho (snow and all.)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Kristen you are AMAZING!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you came to Rexburg so I could meet you and your cute family. That photo is genius. Bravo!

Sam and Josh said...

Kristen! You are such an inspiration! I am so glad you are my bestest friend! Maybe you can take new born pictures of my babies when they get here!!!!!!!!!!! I love you!

Eve'n'Steven Hurst said...

Very good!
I am so proud of you that you have persevered to get to this great milestone. You are right, it is not the degree. It is the experiences, good and bad, that help us understand the richness of life.
Excellent!

Burky's said...

I love the pics you have posted you really are talented. We need to see you guys before we all part ways from Rexburg!

Burky's said...

I love the pics you have posted you really are talented. We need to see you guys before we all part ways from Rexburg!

Burky's said...

I love the pics you have posted you really are talented. We need to see you guys before we all part ways from Rexburg!

Burky's said...

Ya I accidently posted 3 of the same thing, I guess I really meant it! How do you erase?

The Big B's said...

Awesome Kristen! I love your pics